I stayed here two years ago for my daughter's wedding and had a very positive experience, so I booked again for an April visit to Seattle. I reserved a King bed room with jacuzzi and fireplace...we arrived late on a Thursday night, for a 7 night stay.
The room we were given had no fireplace, and the tiles in the bathroom were broken and the carpet had large stains on it, evidence of some earlier guest's extreme behavior. Frankly I was surprised that the management would allow the room to be occupied before dealing with the floors, it really looked like something bad had happened in that room and it had a bad smell and a creepy vibe to it. I called the front desk to request a change to a room with a fireplace and was told that none were available. We had to tough it out for the night in the creepy room and decided to request a change the next day. The bed was quite broken down and was in need of replacement, as were the pillows. The sheets were very thin and cheap feeling. It was nothing like I remembered two years previous.
If you are thinking of booking a jacuzzi room, you might want to know that the shower stall is a very small fiberglass corner unit...an odd choice someone made when designing the hotel, as there was plenty of room in the bathroom for a large walk in shower. Towels were plentiful and thick, but the bed linens need upgrading...the beige pillowcases looked dingy and dirty next to the white sheets, and all were on the thin side.
After breakfast we requested a room change, and were told a jacuzzi room with fireplace would become available later that day. We changed rooms about 1pm and went out with family for the evening. When we returned, we attempted to turn on the gas fire, only to find that the fireplace was inoperative. A maintenance employee was dispatched, he turned on the pilot light and we enjoyed the fire and a soak in the 2 person jacuzzi tub with the hotel provided bath salts...nice!!
After returning to the hotel the next evening and looking forward to the warm fire and jacuzzi we found the pilot light was once again out. And the maid had not left any bath salts :-(
A second call for maintenance got the pilot light lit once again, but it was so bright that it made sleeping a bit of a challenge. So the next time it went out we decided to do without the fire.
Positives are the helpful staff, free parking (a big plus!) convenient location near the street car station and restaurants of South Lake Union, refrigerator and coffee maker in the room, Aveda amenities, the well equipped fitness facility, indoor pool complimentary newspaper and complimentary breakfast. The hotel was fully booked and the breakfast lounge crowded and noisy, so we opted to take our food back to our room on several mornings.
All in all, a good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south end of scenic Lake Union, the Silver Cloud Hotel Seattle - Lake Union is two miles from downtown Seattle's finest shops and restaurants and just five miles from the University of Washington campus. The hotel is also located near Seattle Center and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and is only a 20 minute walk to the iconic Space Needle. Most of the guestrooms have spectacular waterfront views of Lake Union and Seattle. All rooms have 42" high definition flat screen TVs, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators and laptop safes. A complimentary Silver Cloud breakfast is offered daily in addition to use of our brand new fitness center. The hotel features an indoor pool and spa and offers local area shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Silver Cloud Hotel Lake Union