“Starting to become rundown...such potential.”
Review of The College Inn

The College Inn
Ranked #95 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 18 May 2016

The room was fine except it was obvious that under the bed had not seen a vacuum for awhile. The shared bathroom at the end of the hall was clean except for the peeling ceiling in one corner with black mold showing through. The 4th floor lobby was unique and where the breakfast was available. The beautiful furniture needed to be polished. Broken furniture was stored with foam pads near the tables and a broken lamp stand with exposed broken glass was by a table. The beds were very comfortable. Service was nonexistent although a bell outside the entry way door promised 24 hour assistance. The wi fi was erratic at best. Just a little maintenance would have made all the difference.

Room Tip: The area is noisy because you are right off the campus and there is abar in the basement of the hote...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
christudor, Manager at The College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write your posting. We are definitely taking your comments to heart and making immediate changes. We appreciate the comments about the beds and we are glad you enjoyed the lobby area. In regards to the service, I am sorry you were not informed but we have the office in the Easyshoppe Store on the first floor. We are there to help with all your needs from 7 a to 11 p. In addition, we have an onsite night manager from 11 p to 7 am if you require anything over night. Please try us again and we will prove our normal hospitality.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Really enjoyed my stay. Only challenges were that breakfast was too late for me to take advantage it. Started at 8 am on weekend, and was there for a University symposium that started at 8 am. Maybe breakfast at 7 even on weekend?
Also, the store that serves as the office was staffed with lovely people who were very helpful. Met some wonderful people who were also guests, and we had a great dinner at the Thai restaurant on the downstairs corner. The next day, a killer bowl of chili at the gracious college Inn Pub.
I've lived and traveled a lot in Europe and the UK, and the place felt very much like being there. I don't understand the negative reviews-the place was clean, my bed was cozy and comfy, clean towels, everything I needed. I look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: No Idea. I loved my room.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for kind comments. We are reviewing our breakfast hour on the weekends. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

I would never stay here again. It was dirty, the bathrooms were nasty, I didn't shower for the two nights we stayed there. It was just not a good place. I felt really uncomfortable the whole time we stayed there. Overall it was just disgusting.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabbin T

I am sincerely sorry for your experience. Please contact us so we are able to review your impression.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

Being a Hostel is no excuse for an unkept lodging. Specifically....our room was dirty, something resembling tobacco juice on the wall, and while antiques and distressed furniture can be charming, broken, run-down, thread bare carpet is just lazy and poor taste and standards. The fan did not work, the bed side lamp did not have a knob to turn it on and off, had to get out of bed to plug in and take out. The carpeting was worn through or frayed in many spots. The bathroom was dirty and smelled like urine.

There's more but that's enough. I don't give poor reviews, this is probably the worst i've ever given but, IMO, the condition of this place just represents low standards and expectations.

This part is not their fault....the location on a busy corner was very noisy, we expected some noise but not quite so much. There was no ceiling fan or mechanical one for heat or A.C. which enable you to create some "white noise".

It is a great location if you want to be near/on campus.

Wouldn't recommend or stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mariatafoni
christudor, Manager at The College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

I sincerely apologize for you experience. We are reviewing your comments with our maintenance and housekeeping staff. Your situation is not normal for our guests. We would like to make the situation right. Please contact us so we can.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

I cancelled my room thirty minutes after booking. This is not a hotel it's a hostel. In addition, there are NO accommodations for people with disabilities or the elderly. I flew to Seattle after my mother had a heart attack and, showing up at this place was more stressful then sleeping in a hospital lounge chair/bed. After cancelling this place had the nerve to charge me for a nights stay. How hard up for cash is that? Use your money for a real hotel cause this was a royal joke, to me!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank redgoody
christudor, Manager at The College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

I am sincerely sorry for your experience. My thoughts are with you and your mother. I agree you did not need this extra stress during your stay. I apologize our Inn was not accurately portrayed to you. We were built in 1909 for the World Exposition in Seattle. The building is true to the form it was built in back then. Unfortunately, there are limitations based on our properties aged.

Please contact us about a refund. We are very accommodating to guests who do not wish to stay. If you booked through a third party, we will contact them to make the situation right. Once again we will keep your family in our thoughts during this difficult times.