The College Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$ 242
  • Breakfast included
US$ 339
US$ 311
  • Pool
US$ 536
US$ 520
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$ 216
  • Pool
US$ 548
Cancelon
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2009

This was my first experience in a U.S. Hostel (they call it European Style at this particular place) and I think it spoiled me for future stays in hostels! The private room I stayed in was moderately priced (not a, but was very clean, had a full sized bed and a sink w/ mirror.

Although like many hostels, there was nothing modern to speak of, but the owners/caretakers had obviously put in an effort in putting a personal touch on the place. Pictures and historic memoribilia are on the walls and give the place a pleasant, friendly vibe. Although I didn't get a chance to go, there was a bar in the first floor which seemed like a cool place to hang out and meet people. An above average continental breakfast was provided in a communal room. Bathrooms need a bit of updating, but they are certainly not terrible.

Most impressive was the helpfulness of the staff, in particular the guy running the reservation desk. My flight was late and therefore I missed the 11pm check in time. He generously left the door to my room open and the key inside, saying I could check in in the morning. So nice! Its things like that can often make or break a vacation and gave me a great introduction to Seattle. The guy also was very willing to give me info on public transportation, etc.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank carribeanprincessNYC
Reviewed 22 May 2009

My husband and another couple chose the College Inn for an overnight Seattle stay due to its reasonable rates and great location. Unfortunately, the staff at the College Inn is rude, uncommunicative, and dishonest.

I left a small bag in the registration office upon check-in and didn't notice it was missing until the next morning following check-out. Though their hours are posted as open until 11 AM, calls beginning at 10:30 AM went unanswered. We went back to the Inn to try and contact housekeeping at least, but got no answer at the two posted emergency numbers. We then had to leave town, and I imagined that the bag would be easily mailed to my home since the staff had been unavailable to help me retrieve it. Not so. Calls to them resulted in rude assertions that, yes, they had the bag and it would be mailed, then that it had already been mailed, and finally no response at all to emails or calls. Like another reviewer on this site, I am disputing the charges with my credit card company. And I, too, figured that they either liked the bag enough to keep it for themselves or are just too lazy and incompetent to send it on its way.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Josephine73
Reviewed 31 March 2009

Would recommend this place for location alone - right in the heart of the university district and next to central bus route for downtown. Rooms are very basic and share bathrooms not to everyone's taste but always very clean and excellent breakfast. Great value for a great location.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank UkCla
Reviewed 21 March 2009

The College Inn is a nice surprise; with lots of charm and well maintained facilities, the College Inn is an inexpensive choice while in Seattle. The surrounding amenities are fine, although if you are a bit older the loud, drunk university youth on the weekends can be a bit trying, but overall an enjoyable experience and would go back again if going to Seattle.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank SocialTraveller
Reviewed 11 September 2008

If you enjoyed living in the dorms during your college years, like my husband and I did, you'll enjoy staying at The College Inn for your vacation to Seattle. We arrived early, so we had to wait an hour before the receptionist came to check us in. We were lucky that a cafe on the corner, connected to the Inn, was open. We ordered some coffee and shared a brownie. Check in was easy and we found a lot of materials to take with us about the surrounding area. The breakfast area is in the attic, just watch your head as it's slanted because of the roof. They had a lot of breakfast items to choose from to start the day! Our room was small but good enough as we weren't going to spend a lot of time there. The bed, towels, and sink were clean, but you could tell the carpets were used, especially in the hallway. Showers were down the hallway and each private but all in one room. The Pub was connected to the Inn. We didn't eat there, but it was always busy with people going in whenever we came back from a day of sightseeing. This place was quiet, too, for a college campus. Maybe the students had left for the year already?

Granted the Inn is a few miles from all of downtown Seattle, but you can walk there (about 45 minutes) or take a short bus ride. If your feet get tired, ride the Light Rail.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)