Motif Seattle(Seattle)
US$ 246
US$ 463
US$ 408
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 466/night.

US$ 218
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 276/night.

US$ 313
US$ 283
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 338/night.

US$ 334
US$ 320
US$ 290
Sheraton.com
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 467/night.

US$ 422
US$ 312
Official Site
US$ 225
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2015

If you have business in the area, in my case a need to be at the nearby UWMC early in the morning, it's a place to stay. It gets dark at night, it's fairly quiet, and the linens and towels were clean.

As others have noted, you check in at the convenience store next door, and the young lady was personable and efficient. There is no elevator, and all the rooms are on the 2nd floor and up. No air conditioning (or other form of ventilation) and the bathrooms are down the hall and what you'd expect in a (clean) truck stop or gas station.

The furniture is a mix of damaged, broken and mismatched items. The desk drawer in my room was missing, and the side of the desk was broken so it was leaning against the wall. There was a hall mirror/coat rack with a clothes iron and a clock radio on it (not plugged in, there wasn't an outlet on that side of the room). No closet, but a bar with hangers sort of in the space your head goes through walking past the end of the bed. A little 18" tall, foot square table with a 70s phone on it was the only other furniture aside from a metal chair with torn red vinyl upholstery.

The only light in the room was from a ceiling fan and one small lamp in the corner on the wall. I had to stand on the bed to turn off the ceiling light. There were no electrical outlets on the side of the room near the bed, so no lamp to read by or place to plug in anything.

Breakfast was on the fourth floor, and was a pretty nice selection of granola, cereal, bagels, some fruit, juice and coffee and tea, served on another wildly varied selection of worn out furniture.

The advertise it as being "European" style, but I never paid more than $25-$30 for similar places, all of which featured nicer furniture and bathrooms. To pay $125 for this is way out of the range of "reasonable".

It's a shame, it's a beautiful historic building with a great location. With some decent furniture, a lamp and clock by the bedside and bedding that matched this would be a decent review.

Room Tip: If I had to be in that neighborhood again I'd spend another $75-$100 for a decent room
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Date of visit: August 14-17, 2015.

I was promised a pleasant experience and I was not disappointed. I purposely booked this room because of the description on the Inn website.

I booked a single room with a twin bed. The bed was more comfortable than most "regular" hotel beds I have slept in. The windows opened to catch the breeze and there was a desk fan and ceiling fan available. I only needed to turn the desk fan on once. If you read the information on the Inn website, it states there are no private bathrooms in the rooms. This did not pose a problem.

I placed the "do not disturb" sign on my door and housekeeping respected it and did not enter.

The rooms do not have tvs in them. There is more than enough to do in the surrounding blocks that a tv is not a necessity. Get out and see the area!

There is parking everywhere along the streets. It's free 8pm to 8 am. Breakfast was not as major as the chain hotels, but there were plenty choices to choose from and it was all very good.

The young people who checked us in and out were polite and friendly.

I enjoyed my stay very much and would like to return one day.

I apologize if my pictures load sideways. I'm using a new computer and I haven't figured the options out yet.

Room Tip: I asked for a street view room to keep an eye on the car.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
christudor, Manager at The College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2015

Thank you for posting. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

The hotel is located close to the University of Washington and is within the University District itself. The College Inn is also within a 30 minute walk to Fremont as well as a 3 minute walk to Public Transport that will take you to Downtown. The room and the communal bath room facilities were clean and tidy and this was about the best part of the hotel. From there on in it was very poor.

When checking in for the hotel you need to check in at the local store situated next door where they will provide you with the keys. The later who welcomed me was kind and friendly and I had no problem with her customer service. There was a guy also working in the shop when I went to get some bits and pieces and he was rather off, hardly made any conversation and clearly did not want to be there. Whilst not directly related to the hotel experience, the service would have been the same and would not be acceptable.

As others have said in other reviews the rooms are boiling hot in the summer and could certainly do with some air conditioning being fitted. There is a roof fan but this did not make much difference. You can have the windows open but then it is very noisy outside and it can make it very difficult to sleep. In addition to this you have the smoke from people smoking outside also coming into you room.

The bed for me was very uncomfortable and very soft. You did end up sinking into the middle and by the end of my four night stay my back was starting to hurt quite a bit as well. This meant that I did not get a very good night sleep and I often ended up tired.

There is attention to detail lacking as well, which is something that really makes me cross. For example the bedroom side light has never worked during the stay. I would have thought it would be routine to check these are working. In addition to this there is no mirror next to the sink. How am I meant to shave and see what I am doing? There is also no mirror provided in the bathroom by the sink only on the door. This is no good for shaving.

I was also very concerned regarding the exposed electrical socket next to the bed. There was no facing cover and in addition to this you could also see the live wires. Touch it in the wrong location I would dread to think what would happen! I am sure I would not need hair gel!

There is free Wifi provided, which when works is fairly quick and allows you to do what you need to, however during my stay I quite often had problems with the connection. The wifi either completely stopped working and kicked you off or went very slow. I have seen other reports about this in other reviews.

Finally in your welcome note you are advised that an "extensive" breakfast is provided as part of your stay. I was very much looking forward to this, however was again left disappointed having found out that the extensive breakfast was toast and jam as well as a bowl of cereal from a selection of 2 types, one choice of juice and coffee. Very poor indeed. On Saturday they were even late opening up so in the end I went to a local diner where I really did enjoy the meaning of an extensive breakfast.

The furniture is also out dated in the rooms and this can be seen by looking at the chest of draws where handles are missing from it. The "Do Not Disturb" sign is held together by a plastic bag!! The whole hotel is in serious need of modernization and money being spent on it. Even one student who was living here said it was the worst place that she had lived.

There have been a lot of previous promises in other reviews but nothing has been delivered. It is an expensive hotel for what it is and this is one of the less expensive places in the district.I don't expect a lot but I do at least expect the basics to be right. In the UK you can stay in a Travelodge for £30 a night ($50) and have a modern room, kingsize bed and en suite bathroom and this is even in central London. Its a shame, this place good be great but I certainly would not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2015
christudor, Manager at The College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

I am sincerely sorry for your experience. We pride ourselves on being transparent on our accommodations. You are correct we are a shared bathroom facilities and our rooms do not have air conditioning. Seattle is in the midst of a summer heat wave. Normally our temperature are not much above 80 degrees.

Our breakfast is continental which does include breads, bagels, english muffins, cereal, granola, fresh fruit, yogurt, strawberries, pears, peaches, cereal, granola, juice, coffee, tea and milk. Our hours on the weekend for breakfast are 8 a to 10 a.

The rate for the College Inn is the least expensive option in the city. Seattle room rates are normally double if not triple our daily rates. We believe we are very good value for the market. However, your comments about your room are appreciated and we are addressing the room concerns. I am sorry you encounter these issues and we are correcting them.

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Very basic room in historic building (though not furnished historically), and only place available in the vicinity for less than $100 per night. We stayed here to be close to UW campus, and it fulfilled that need very well--the center of campus, restaurants, and a small market were within easy walking distance. Our room had a sink, but the bathroom and shower were down the hallway. No air conditioning, so use caution if you are booking a summer trip. (It was 85 degrees F when we came, and the room fan and windows were inadequate to cool the room at night.) Front desk staff (located in convenience store next door, though same building), were helpful and efficient. Would stay here again if it were in a cooler season.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for your posting. We appreciate your comments. Unfortunately, Seattle is in the midst of a heat wave. Normally the temperature is not above 80 this time of year. Please come back next month when Seattle weather returns.

Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

I was soooo nervous to book this hotel after reading the reviews. My son has a two day orientation and even though we only live an hour away, traffic can be horrendous so I decided to get a room for two nights. This hotel could not be better for this type of visit. We have two double beds that aren't right next each other. Even though the showers are down the hall, we have a big sink/dressing/get ready area that isn't visible from main part of room. There is a wonderful window seat with pillows that looks out onto the city life below. And the best part is Kane Hall, where the orientation starts is literally at the end of the block. PERFECT and 1/3 the cost of the main hotel in the University District.

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank jboyle
christudor, Manager at The College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Thank you for your posting. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you on future visits to the area.