“Love this hotel, love the location. Classic Hyatt at its best”
Review of Hyatt At Olive 8

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This is a great hotel, with a very warm ambiance.

The rooms are nice, and inviting. The health club was larger than the average hotel club.

Staff and service were great.

I loved this hotel. I also LOVE the Grand Hyatt down the street. Its going to be hard to choose in the future!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JamesE339
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

I agree! I work for both the hotels and agree, it’s hard to choose! So pleased to hear you enjoyed the ambiance, and I have to agree, the health club in particular is very special and one of my favorite parts of this hotel. Please come back again soon!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

The husband and I stayed here for two nights in June. We stayed in a King room on the tenth floor. I like how the hotel is striving to be green, you have to use your room key to turn on the power in the room so it turns off when you leave. Also there is recycling available. Couple of "complaints" to mention. This stuff didn't really bother us but I think is worth mentioning and might be important to others. As I mentioned we were on The 10th floor but could still hear street noise such as the cars and buses going by. Also I could clearly hear everyone in the hallway and next door. The hotel had a really nice pool and hot tub however there was only two hours set aside for adults. We went swimming at 10pm at night and the pool and hot tub were packed with annoying splashing kids. Otherwise we had a great stay. The room was a great size and the bed was super comfy. I picked this hotel because it is in a great central spot for the hot spots in Seattle.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaitlynTheCop
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thanks for the detailed review; we appreciate hearing the good and the bad. Sorry that you heard street noise, generally it’s not a big issue but it does happen as we are downtown. We do have some rooms that face away from the main streets and we can certainly make sure you get one of those next time. We know that many use our pool for exercise and that is why we have set up adult only swim times, but we continue to listen to feedback as to whether or not those should be expanded. We are very proud to be the only LEED certified hotel in Seattle and are very happy you noticed and appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I normally stay at the W, but it was full so I had the chance to stay at the Hyatt. The best part of this hotel is the gym. It is superior -- a huge, modern space with amenities like chilled towels, classes and a really nice pool. I also enjoyed the lighter options on the room service menu.

The hotel is new and LEED certified so the room was nice and green. The main drawback for the room was that I could hear my neighbors talking at night.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SarahR22
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Great new clean energy efficent rooms. Location is perfect for downtown restaurants, space needle, EMP Museum, etc.

The real difference here were the people, the service was excellent. From check-in, to concierge services, to the restaurant - the people were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank DaTaPa
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt at Olive 8 in June on our vacation. The hotel is very well located: right in the heart of downtown Seattle and an easy walk to all the attractions, shopping and dining. The hotel is the only LEEDS-certified hotel in Seattle; when you enter your room, you put your key card in an outlet and it turns on all the power in the room; when you leave, you take the card out and all the power is shut off. The hotel decor is very modern. Our king room was very clean and very spacious; the bathroom as well. We loved the very large walk-in shower - no tub. The hotel has a great gym, as well as a saltwater pool and spa (which we did not use). There is a restaurant in the hotel, but we did not try it. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple