“Outstanding!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Moss Point,Ms
“Outstanding!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I just have to say it was the best, Emily at the front desk was great. My husband went to check in and im guessing he told her the situation with my bags and the airport...lost and only in town for a 2 days needless to say very long day. Well she made my day, knowing I had nothing she offered to run to her place to get me some shoes to wear so I could go out. Thats is what I call good service, but not only that she was so nice as was everyone we encoutered so willing to get whatever we needed for our stay. Even offered to bring bottle of wine up to our room if the bar downstair was cloesed. The whole experiance was amazing! Oh and the room WOW!!! Did I mention Emily upgraded (no extra charge) to The Noble House Suite top floor!! It was wonderful, full balcony private, walk-in shower, huge tub, fire place, I could go on and on about this place. It was one of the best stays I have ever had anywhere, I have to say. Friendly staff, very secure, affordable, good location, could not have asked for a better experiance

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shanna M
Hello Shanna M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let the world know about Emily, our amazing Front Desk Agent. I am confident when I say that many of our guests share your feelings about her. She is truly one of a kind and we are thrilled to have her as part of the Deca team. She truly cares about each guest and makes it her personal goal to make each visit the best hotel visit ever.

I will make sure she reads your comments.

Jonathan Bartlett
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Longview
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I made reservation's at the Hotel Deca through Expedia. Upon arrival we checked in and went up to our room; to discover we had a King bed. I was traveling with my sister, we do not sleep together. I immediately called the front desk and the clerk said to return to the lobby and they would fix the problem. While the first agent was assisting us, another male agent stepped up and told us that because we made our reservation through Expedia, they would not honor the request for a two bed room. He said, I will give you a rollaway. I said, that room is so small we would not have anywhere to walk. He said, sorry. We can move you to another Hotel, one mile away. I said, listen...I rode the train here, I do not have a car, I have to walk to the event and to my sons apt; if I am a mile away that would be a problem. He again said, sorry. He was so condescending, he just kept giving me one word answers and repeating himself. No help at all. So, Friday I slept on the floor and Sat. I slept in the bath tub by filling it with pillows. The stay sucked and I complained to every one working. The other agents just kept saying I am sorry there is nothing we can do....I will now always bring my car to Seattle (just what Seattle needs) and I will never stay at the Deca; again (this was my second stay). I asked, If we were two business men, would you expect us to sleep in the same bed? He refused to answer, he just kept saying sorry. I wanted to scream.

Room Tip: Upper floors are more expensive but much nicer and slightly larger.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PSyaya
Dear PSaya,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know out your recent experience at the Deca. I wanted to express my sincerest apologies about your experience and how the agent you spoke with did not convey a sincere level of understanding.

After reviewing your reservation on Expedia it looks like we were unable to guarantee a room with 2 beds however, we were able to secure the King bed room type that was indicated on your reservation. Unfortunately during your stay we did not have any rooms available with two beds otherwise we would have immediately changed you to a room that would have been much more comfortable for you. When the person you spoke with recognized that our rooms with two beds were unavailable he wanted to make you as comfortable as possible. He believed offering you a room with two beds at another hotel that we would pay for was a possible solution. It is rare that we are unable to meet our guests room requests so when this does happen we try very hard to make it right. Moving you to another hotel was his attempt to make it right.

That being said, at no time should the agent have made you feel uncomfortable. I will speak with him about your comments to ensure he understands how our service levels can have an overwhelming positive and negative affect on a guest’s overall perception of the hotel.

From your comments I clearly understand your reluctance to stay with us again. Considering you chose us after a previous visit I am hopeful your first visit showed you what a true guest experience at Hotel Deca is. We truly pride ourselves on treating our guests to the highest level of sincere care and comfort.

If you would like to speak further about your experience please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Pros: Overall great stay, U-district location, and friendly staff. In my opinion, hands down the best hotel in the U-District. Nice contemporary/boutique-ish (looking for the right word) themed rooms. Restaurant located in the basement was excellent.

Work on: Nothing major - the wireless Internet was somewhat slow but thanks to the power of my 4G phone/4G area, I just used my phone's connection instead. Using the room key (for me) every time in the elevator was sort of a hassle. The hotel could just encourage people to lock their doors if safety is such a concern.

Overall, excellent and look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: The City View/Corner View rooms were nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank southpugetsound
Dear southpugetsound,

WOW!! What a compliment. There are a number of good hotels in the U-District so to be named the best is very exciting. We are thrilled that we made your stay amazing. On a side note, we did have a few issues with the wireless network while you are here however we figured out what the issue was and quickly corrected it. The wireless network is now as seamless as ever.

Santa Rosa, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I returned to Hotel Deca for the 2nd time in 5 years for another visit/tour of UW. Just as enjoyable of a stay, location is excellent and the parking convenient. Rooms small but clean, staff friendly. Miss the continental breakfast offered in the past, but restaurant available and Tully's coffee next door.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Hello Surani H,

Welcome back to the Hotel Deca. I am glad that your most recent visit was as good as your visit a few years ago. I think it is fantastic when we are able to match the wonderful memories form a guests previous stay at the hotel.

We look forward to your next visit. Hopefully it is sooner than 5 years this time.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel was built in the 1930s and renovated recently in boutique style. It's situated in the university district - which is very handy if you're visiting the university but the district isn't interesting enough to be a destination in its own right.

The rooms (I stayed in two) were ok. Beds comfortable and free wifi. Toilet flush mechanism in one room iffy - constant refilling and not fixed during my stay.

The breakfast was served in the basement bar/cafe. This room was dark and lacked air con. Even on damp April days it was very hot. And the service was extraordinarily slow. Not ideal for breakfast. This was true on the 3 mornings I had breakfast here. By day 3, I was wondering why I came back.

A reasonable hotel but not somewhere to stay unless you have to be in this area.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EnglishViv
Dear EnglishViv,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit to Hotel Deca. I am truly sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I will speak with the restaurant staff about your experience. We recently did have an air conditioning issue in the restaurant however this has been fixed. It is a very comfortable temperature now. We are also in the midst of a renovation in the restaurant that will address your concerns about the room being too dark. I am confident once it is completed the restaurant will match the level of design throughout the rest of the hotel.

I hope that we will see you again during your next trip to Seattle.