“My new home away from home!”
Review of Hotel Deca

Hotel Deca
Ranked #64 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kennewick, Washington
“My new home away from home!”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My stay at Hotel Deca was an absolute pleasure from beginning to end! Every staff member I encountered was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Check in was speedy and efficient and we were greeted very warmly. Room service was delicious and very fairly priced and all our needs were met with staff members going above and beyond in all areas. At one point we called downstairs to ask for forks for a late night meal we had brought in with us - just moments later a hotel employee showed up with our forks and, anticipating what other needs we might have, had brought warmed plates in case we needed them. We had not even thought to ask and, as it turned out, we did need them! The room itself was neat, clean, very new looking, with elegant furnishings and the beds were soooo comfortable! Tons of pillows and plush bedding. The halls were nice and quiet. The hotel is in a great spot and the on-site parking is very convenient. All in all I LOVED this hotel and will be staying there whenever I am in Seattle from now on. I just can't say enough positive things about my stay. THANK YOU, Hotel Deca, for a very memorable trip!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
THANK YOU Jennifer B for making our day with your review. What a tremendous way to end the week. I cannot thank you enough for taking a moment to recognize our outstanding team, fantastic amenities, and comfortable beds. We always talk about creating a home away from home for our guests and I guess we did just that for you.

We look forward to your next trip. If there is ever anything we can do to make your next trip even more enjoyable please let us know.

Jonathan Bartlett, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I spent five nights here in March whilst in Seattle on business at Washington University. The staff are friendly and helpful. The reception areas are comfortable and nicely designed. My room was spacious and comfortable. The location is good for the university district and the hotel has a shuttle bus into the City Centre.

Dear Sue R,

Thank you for describing our friendly business environment to our future guests. While we seem to have so many postings from guests visiting our hotel for fun, it is wonderful to see that our business guests also find the hotel to be so comfortable. Not only is our location ideal for people traveling to the University, we have a complimentary shuttle that takes our guests all over downtown Seattle and the South Lake Union business district. We also have amenities specifically designed for our business travelers. We try to think of it all.

Thank you again.

Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2012

If you have a reason to be at the University of Washington, there probably isn't a more convenient hotel. The pictures you see online are very representational of the decor, though the bathrooms are a little dated. As with most hotels in Seattle in this price range, the rooms aren't spacious, but they were very well appointed. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the air unit not overly loud. Our room's door didn't fit very well so a very large line of light leaked in from the hallway all night. If I'd been traveling solo I would have been a little freaked out about it.

I agree with another reviewer that they should have at least a small mini fridge.

1 Thank Jaeded07
Hello Jaeded07,

Thank you for your review. I think you described our location to the University of Washington extremely accurately.

I am also thrilled you found the bed so comfortable. I did want to let you know that we recognize our bathrooms need updating. Towards the tail end of this year we will be starting an extensive renovation to our guest rooms. This will also include adding with more shelving along with a new vanity and wall covering to our bathrooms. I have already seen the renderings and we are very excited with the final product.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to your next trip to Seattle.

Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel Deca for an event at the University of Washington. The staff at was fabulous, especially Jimmy on the morning crew. When he was unable to take me downtown in the hotel's free shuttle, he made other arrangements to be sure I was able to arrive on time. He also gave great directions and was able to problem solve several other issues. All of the other staff that I interacted with were also very accommodating. The hotel itself was welcoming and comfortable, I would definitely stay there again. They also have town car drivers that are available for transportation to the airport: my driver gave me a lot of great information about the city, and it was wonderful to not have to worry about how I was going to arrange other transportation.

Room Tip: There is quite a bit of traffic in the University district, so rooms higher up are a little quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear mel j,

Thank you for the many wonderful things you wrote about that you experienced during your visit. I especially want to thank you for recognizing Jimmy. We truly have the best staff in Seattle and Jimmy is one of the main reasons for this. He goes out of his way to make each experience for our guests unique. It is rare to find someone like Jimmy in this industry so we are thrilled to have him as part of our team.

We cannot wait to see you again.

Jonathan Bartlett
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 1 April 2012

On the map, Deca looks farther from campus than it is. It's practically across the street. The hotel is charming, not cookie cutter, The District restaurant has amazing breakfasts and is a fun pub at night. It's reasonably priced. Parking is very convenient-- the breakfast/parking package is a great deal. Staff is friendly. Room was spotless. There is some traffic noise, but that's what you get in return for the great location. My bed was very comfortable. Free wi-fi a plus! I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Feels like a more expensive hotel.

2 Thank profn
Hello profn,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the hotel. We do have a number of outstanding amenities at the hotel that help treat our guest’s to extreme comfort. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the breakfast/parking package. It is just one of our amazing packages that help you create the experience you are looking for. Also, you are right, we are literally right across the street from the UW. I think we have one of the most convenient locations in Seattle.

Thank you again. We look forward to seeing you again.

Jonathan Bartlett