Although not central it is the same distance to both the Needle and Westlake Center from the hotel. They are both in walking distance but if you aren't inclined than the hotel offers a shuttle service every hour to these two attractions plus the Convention Centre.
The room wasn't particular modern but it was very clean, spacious and homely. There was a small kitchenette with a microwave, a desk and couch/tv area. Very comfortable.
The staff were excellent. Well informed and friendly.
The biggest let down was the breakfast. There was no real food. The eggs were powered, the waffles tasted of bitter chemicals from the spray you needed to use on the waffle maker. No real milk and powered tang instead of orange juice. The apples were rotten on the inside even though they looked perfect on the outside. The bananas were under ripe and crunchy even though again they were perfect on the outside. Go to Wholefoods instead for your meals which is on the way back to Westlake Center.
The cheapest way to and from the airport is definitely the train. It's only $2.50 per person to Westlake Center. From there a taxi is only $5-6 or a 5-7 min walk. After checking out book the free shuttle to take you back to Westlake Center train station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. Just minutes from the Westlake Center via light rail, the Convention Center, The Space Needle, Waterfront, Pike Place Market and the Cruise Terminal's, our Seattle hotel's accommodations offer easy access to many of the city's top attractions. Start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet, and end it with a specialty cocktail at our Bistro on Yale Bar (happy hour is from 4-7 p.m.), or enjoy fresh regional fare at the Bistro on Yale Restaurant. Guests can also enjoy our Seattle downtown hotel's swimming pool, spa, fitness center, and free shuttle service. We are also proud to offer Complimentary access to 24 Hour Fitness located across the street. On-site parking is a valet-only service for a fee. All of our Seattle hotel suites offer spacious living and sleeping areas separated by a privacy wall, as well as kitchenettes with mini-refrigerators and microwaves. We look forward to welcoming you to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Marriott so you can book your SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Seattle Springhill Suites