“My home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Seattle University

Travelodge Seattle University
Ranked #93 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Bennettsville, South Carolina, United States
“My home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

My name is Priscilla McCormick, I am 28 yrs old, I am from Bennettsville, S.C I was shot back in 2002 in the face accidently, & have had ALOT of surgeries back home in South Carolina. I was having to have some of the same surgeries repeated over & over. So I asked my doctor where could he send me bc it was just taking too long & I wanted to get back the way I was. He says Seattle Washington. My mom, dad, & step-mom, got plane tickets & came with me to see what they could do. my dad & step-mom went to a different motel & my mom & I came to the travelodge. My doctors wanted me to be no further than a mile from the hospital when they discharge me after surgery. I have been going there almost 2 years & I wouldnt even consider going to any other motel. & when my daddy seen how nice it was & how good they treated me he hasnt been to another motel in Seattle. I will be coming to the Travelodge for the rest of my life for surgeries & check-ups. The staff are awesome they really make u feel like u are at home. I always look forward to coming bc they really care about me & they do what they have too, to make me comfortable.

Room Tip: My family & I love the bottom floor bc its easier when Im coming out of surgery. My dad & st...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Cilla052506
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Yakima
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I read the reviews and decided to take my chances at this property. Upon pulling up, I thought, this doesn't look that bad as the outside painting and lighting was somewhat modern looking. I checked in around 11pm-midnight and the evening clerk was friendly and helpful. I walked down the hall and it doesn't smell the freshest. Head upstairs, there's a door held open by a washcloth as it was for the 3 evenings I was there. My room was just okay. I tried not to look too closely.

So, here's what I think. I needed a place near Children's Hospital, this property was about half the price of others within this vicinity. I was at the hospital all day and came back tired and would crash from about midnight until 5-6am and then back to the hospital. For the amount I saved over other properties, and the amt. of time I was actually in the hotel, it worked. Or, if I was partying with old college buddies and we had too many adult beverages I'd be okay. But, I would not bring my wife here in its existing state, I would not bring my kids here in it's existing state.

I hope the remodel makes the difference for them. It is a very convenient location. Across the street from University Village. In fact, I ran from the hospital to grab lunch for us and a benefit was I was able to park in the Travelodge parking lot to run in and get lunch across the street. There was no room in the University Village parking lot and parking was crazy due to a UW bball game. I filled out a review that they sent to me and I was impressed with the quick response from their team. So, i hope they get it cleaned up.

Room Tip: I would't plan on their breakfast. I'd call ahead and ask where they are in their remodeling...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
shirley3591, General Manager at Travelodge Seattle University, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in February. We appreciate your kind comments about our employees. You will be pleased with the results of our renovation when you return to our Travelodge in the future. The rooms have been updated and our bathrooms have been remodeled too. The carpets were deep cleaned in the rooms and the hallways since the project was completed. We have a large breakfast room now and have expanded the breakfast items. We hope you will try us again soon. You will find that we are a great value!
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed in room #119 at Travelodge in Seattle Washington near the University of Washington. The room was clean. I inspected it for cleanliness before I brought my luggage into the room. I even pulled back the sheets and inspected the mattress edges. It was perfectly clean and there were no odors. I have stayed at another popular hotel near the University several times and because their prices went up and I am on a budet, I tried this one. This room had a refrigerator and a microwave which I had to supply my own at the other more expensive hotel. The lower cost was reflected in the more trimmed down breakfast bar, which I did not care about. No one bothered me at all. I did not opt to have my room cleaned during my stay but each morning the cleaning staff was on hand and happy to give me fresh towels or anything I needed for my room. It felt safe. I never had the feeling of being afraid during my visit there. If you stay in the winter I would advise bringing an extra blanket for the bed or use the heater in the room. It was a little loud, but it also served as a good "white noise" machine. Every hotel I have ever stayed in has hallway noise of doors opening and closing so this would drown that all out. Overall I felt that it was a good value for the money.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor near the middle which was not overly close to the main doors. I think this...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lorelei O
shirley3591, General Manager at Travelodge Seattle University, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay with us and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our service, location and reasonable rates. At this time, we are renovating our breakfast room and will soon offer an expanded free breakfast which will add to already great value we offer at the Travelodge. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff as it's important for them to know that their efforts to provide exceptional guest service are being recognized and appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.

Shirley Shanks
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

A quiet place to stay outside of downtown, in close proximity to U of W and good shopping and resteraunts. Free Parking and not too expensive.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank David_F52024
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

This is a very ill-kept place. The carpet in the room was so dirty that it painted my socks and feet black as I walked around. The bathroom was barely ok, I dared not sit on the chair, and the bed was suspicious. And it's certainly not in the price range where this is the norm.

The breakfast is a joke, even if you get a chance to sit in the "dining room" that can only seat about four people, I suggest going to the mall on the other side of the road for a quick bite. During my stay the "menu" was lukewarm coffee, orange juice, and individually packaged magdalenas.

As for the location, UW is very close, but not much else in Seattle is.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business