1,398 results
All reviews hunt club fireside room french press junior suite marble bathroom virginia mason hospital car service charming hotel sitting room an older hotel corner suite capitol hill valet parking loved this hotel street noise happy hour visiting seattle
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This old hotel is beautiful ! The staff is amazing. Great atmosphere and food. But with an old hotel comes issues that one should expect:

-There were a lot of noises at night (no, not the ghosts. just random noises of an old place..pipes, etc). Aside from hotel noise, there was a wedding reception one night and the ppl were so loud and obnoxious. At least it wasn't all night but lasted until about 1a.
-The bed, at least the one we got, was a full. Hard to fit 2 adults comfortably. I didn't see anything on the web site about full-sized beds, only kings and queens. But I have a queen at home and the bed we got was definitely smaller.

I loved staying here but the noises and the bed size made it hard to sleep so I don't think I would stay here a 2nd time unless I got a much bigger bed.

Room tip: make sure to get a room with a king - size bed.
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We stayed at the Sorrento for my daughter's wedding and it was nothing short of incredible. The ceremony and reception were perfect with a fantastic sit down dinner and dancing. After a night to remember, the bride's family had breakfast in the restaurant and the wait staff went way above and beyond to ensure leftover cake and party favors were packed up and ready to go when we were ready to leave. I cannot overstate how much their efforts meant to the happy bride and groom! Thanks for everything!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I booked late and was given the two ADA rooms (#203 and #207.) I was charged full price for both. Unfortunately, 207 is not really a hotel room but more of a converted closet. I understand it could accommodate someone with disabilities, but either way a guest shouldn't be charged the same as another room.

Rooms are dated and smelled of smoke...always a bummer.

203 sits below some sort of storage room as furniture was being moved at 6:45 a.m.

Bottom line to charge $300+ for these rooms is ridiculous but I did agree to the rooms while checking in. Live and learn, again.

I do like the hotel and have stayed here before. This was a forgettable experience.

Room tip: Don't booked 203 or 207 at full price.
1  Thank pschafbuch
Reviewed 11 August 2016

The staff was very nice at this hotel, however, I disagree with many of the glowing reviews. Although I understand the hotel is historic, it is in need of updates. The room we stayed in on the fourth floor was clean, but dated. The walls were chocolate brown and depressing. The rug seemed to be from the early 1990s is my guess, and the bathroom was just "okay." The french coffee press in the room was a nice touch. There isn't much in the immediate neighborhood in terms or shopping or dining, as another reviewer pointed out, although there is a Bartells a block away if you need travel essentials (snacks, toiletries, etc.)

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We stayed at the Sorrento for a weekend getaway in Seattle. While on the other side of the highway, it was an easy walk into town (all downhill). We were able to walk to Safeco Stadium and Pike Place Market. We could have walked back but took taxis which were only a few dollars from downtown. All in all i loved the location as we were able to easily walk to the great nightlife of First Hill which is hip and had great local restaurants.

The hotel itself was amazing, an old restored building full of charm. We had a lovely junior suite which was nicely appointed. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom was spacious and everything was spotless. Unlike some of the hotels in older buildings our room had air conditioning, something to watch out for in the summer in Seattle. The staff were all extremely friendly there are good options in the hotel for food and a nice outdoor patio for evening drinks.

All in all this is great value in Seattle area and I preferred their location to being in the throng of tourists...maybe because we visit so often and don't feel like tourists anymore! Definitely recommend this hotel!

Room tip: The Junior Suites are huge!