“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #26 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Lincoln, NE
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I throughly enjoyed my stay at the Sorrento Hotel. I chose this hotel because I wanted to stay in a hotel with some history and I was not disappointed. Not only is the hotel itself amazing- beautiful rooms and historic charm- the staff was impeccable. In particular, the concierge staff gave exceptional advice and were very pleasant.

As an added bonus for any females traveling alone, the hotel offers a car service that will drop you off in the tourist areas (within 2 miles of the hotel) and pick you up. I found this exceptionally helpful later in the evening when I did not want to walk around in unknown areas by myself.

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It was a wonderful experience and I look forward to staying there again the next time my travels bring me to Seattle.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Leslie H
SamJohnsonSr, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you for the terrific review, we appreciate you taking the time to share with others some of the details of your experience. I am glad that you found the car service useful, and that our team took good care of you in an unfamiliar city. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. My best, Sam Johnson - General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Oxford, NC
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have stayed at the Sorrento twice while travelling for business. The hotel is marvelous but what really makes the stays wonderful is the attentive staff. Prepare to be spoiled! The suites are luxurious and the location is great. I'm looking forward to my next visit with eager anticipation. You can't go wrong by choosing the Sorrento!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for the great review, and I am glad that our team took good care of you. I myself am headed your way in the next couple of weeks, as my daughter graduates from Elon University in Elon, NC.. We are hoping for a sunny day! Please come and stay with us again on your next trip to Seattle. My best, Sam Johnson - General Manager
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The most exotic happy hour foods in Seattle - rabbit pate, fried smelt, lamb meatballs, etc goes beyond most happy hour fare. The lobby area is one of the best hide-outs in Seattle, especially on a rainy day.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian12154
Thanks for sharing your comments about our new Happy Hour menu! Our brand new Executive Chef Dan Gilmore is re-working all of our menus, and they are being very well reeceived. We appreciate the positive feedback! We hope to see you again soon, on the next rainy day - today! My best, Sam Johnson - General Manager
boston,ma
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel so I could be near a conference at the Medical Center on First Hill. The staff was attentive and friendly. The room was spacious with a nice bathroom - with a porthole window in the bathtub! This is not a cookie cutter modern hotel, but an old, well maintained and restored place. It is not downtown, which could be good or bad. There is a hotel car (gratuity based) which you may or may not get to take you downtown, but a taxi is around $5. It's also slightly less expensive than some of the downtown hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, and the bathroom port-hole window, those are my favorite rooms! Come and see us again if you return to Seattle. My best, Sam Johnson - General Manager
Pasco, Washington
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We purposely chose the Sorrento Hotel due to it's location to the hospitals and clinics (only one block away) and our clinic recommended them. We loved the overall ambiance and charm that this building and it's decor provided. The fact that we could have our beagle/lab mix dog stay with us was a huge reason as well for staying here. For such a nice hotel the ($60 one time fee) for our stay was well worth it to us to bring our dog. The beds.....oh the beds...lovely, with all the plush pillows and comforters......we slept great and even took a nap. Rather than using the valet parking for the night ($39 per night) we chose to park right across the street since we have a large F250 pickup and paid for 24 hours only $20 dollars where the machine accepted either cash or debit.
I highly recommened the Sorrento and will definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
SamJohnsonSr, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you so much for the great review, we really appreciate it!
We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Best regards, Sam Johnson - General Manager