“Excellent customer service!”

Ranked #49 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent customer service!”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in the Renaissance Seattle in March. Requested for a quiet room and we did not get any disturbance from the traffic noises. We did get disturbed by our neighbours next door blasting loud music during 1 night and i called up the front desk immediately. Very pleased that the music was stopped shortly afterwards. The staff during our check-in and check-out was nice and friendly. This hotel is walkable to Downtown and Pike Place market but beware of steep hills! Rooms were huge and beds were comfortable to sleep in. Overall i would recommend this hotel in Seattle and i will choose to stay here again when i return to Seattle!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us. We do apprecaite your nice comments about our staff and while we are sorry that you were disturbed by one of the other guest, I am happy to see that our staff took care of the problem for you. Again thank for recognizing our great service and we look forward to see you again real soon.

Rene Neidhart
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here on a recent business trip and had a great overall experience. The front desk staff was very friendly and I had a corner king room with a great view of the space needle and the waterfront (although obstructed by other buildings). The location is within a short walk of Pike Place Market and all of the downtown shopping. There are also many restaurants nearby. There was a mini fridge in the room with two bottles of complimentary water that was restocked daily and Aveda amenities. My one complaint is that the elevator took a long time, every time. There appeared to be a large convention in-house, so that was probably the cause of the slowness, but it was still frustrating.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. I am sorry that that you had issues with slow elevator service during your stay. During your stay we had a breakdown of service in one of our elevators combined with an unusal large group in the hotel that put extra demand on the elevator. For this we do apologize. I am glad however that you feel that we provide great service and I look forward to welcome you back to the Renaissance.

Rene Neidhart
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here March 22-25 for a conference. As other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel abuts the highway on one side and sits on top of a hill. Everywhere you walk (other than across the highway to First Hill) is downhill....until you need to walk back up, of course. It wasn't a problem for us, but might be for others. Our room on the 22nd floor was quiet. The elevators were a bit slow at rush hours.

The rooms were spacious, comfortable and well designed. There was a plug, a mirror and a light everywhere you needed one, plenty of room to unpack and even a mini fridge with complimentary bottled water. The bathroom, while not particularly large or luxurious, was spotless, and more than met our needs, with plenty of counter space, towels, Aveda products and perhaps most importantly, water pressure. Our only complaint about the room was that the thermostat had a motion-detector which did not detect our presence at night when we were asleep. It wasn't a huge problem in March (so we did not call maintenance), but might be in August.

Every staff member we encountered was friendly, helpful and competent. If I could give a 4 1/2 star rating here, I would. We especially received great service from Fred, the concierge who helped with dinner reservations for a group of 8-12 two nights in a row. Both dinners, at nearby Sip and Tulio's, were great. Our meals in the hotel's own Maxwells and the Lobby Lounge were good too.

Room Tip: Our room on the 22nd floor overlooked the city and the Seattle Center in the distance. It was very...
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife bid for a two night stay (10-12 March 2012) at Priceline.com as a surprise for my birthday and this is the hotel we were booked into. No problem with the reservation - everything was as advertised. Arrived around dinnertime on Saturday 10-March - check-in went fine...UNTIL we found out how much they intended on charging for parking - $30/day plus $6 car charge + other taxes. Shocking, and took an ok deal into the "meh" category and I have big problems paying $40 to park my car. Chris and Christina were manning the front desk that evening, and couldn't have been more understanding and nice about it. Christina upgraded us to a "Corner King" as a gesture for my b-day, and dealt with our parking sticker shock as well in a very natural, kind, customer-oriented manner that turned a potential disaster into a better-than-average experience in less than 10 mins. My wife and I can not say enough about the customer-service attitude about the staff at this hotel - simply phenomenal and Chris/Christina deserve special mention for going "over and above". The hotel is a VERY tall building located right on the I-5 - we were facing the freeway on the 11th floor and the roar from the highway was non-stop and very noticeable (they were booked solid that weekend and couldn't get us a higher room, on the east side). Strongly, STRONGLY suggest that you request a high room on the West side of the hotel as soon as you book - the noise from the freeway was pretty bad though continuous so except for the trucks and sirens it turned into white noise after a while.
Public spaces are very nice, even luxurious - reminds me of the Four Seasons in NY in terms of style. Pool was closed and didn't use the weight room. Location (except for the freeway) is fine - it's in the "NoCharge" zone for public transit and it's a 20-25 min walk to Pike Place Market from the hotel. Steep hill going up Madison - go up Pike to 6th St and turn right and you'll have a much easier time of it if you are physically challenged. Room was ok, nothing spectacular (though spotlessly clean). Coffee maker, king-sized bed in a separate room, two wide-screen TVs, very spacious room. Decor a bit dated but again very clean and just fine for a couple of days, or even more than that. It's a good option for downtown Seattle but research parking VERY carefully before booking here or you could be very unhappy.

Room Tip: High up and on the West Side or you'll have tons of noise from I-5!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for also highlighting our team members who went above and beyond during your birthday stay with us! I will certainly be sharing this review with them.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Travelled to downtown Seattle on business and I'm glad we picked the Renaissance. Although my room faced the freeway, it was surprisingly quiet. The bed and pillows were comfortable and I slept like a baby. My co-worker and I had supper in the lounge one evening and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Our breakfasts were served promptly and the servers were all friendly. Although the hotel was extremely busy, none of the staff were too busy to smile and go out of their way to offer us assistance. Anytime I have business in downtown Seattle, the Renaissance will be my first choice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and feedback. We would love the opportunity to serve you again if you should visit Seattle!