“Lovely hotel in excellent location!”

Mayflower Park Hotel
Ranked #18 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed in a Deluxe Queen Queen room on the 12th floor. We had a great view of the city, could also see mountains, beds were extremely comfortable, nice sitting area in room, excellent service, very friendly staff, great location. Easy walking distance to Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, REI for new hiking boots. We got a kick out of the seagull that came to our window - fed him bits of apple! Last year we stayed at the Inn at Market. Was twice the price (great view but smaller room) and I preferred the Mayflower! Will definitely stay at the Mayflower next trip to Seattle!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Rita8740
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

When I checked in, the hallway and room smelled of smoke. Perhaps I should have complained then as I received a call from manager of the hotel a couple hours later accusing me of smoking in the room. I explained the situation to him and thought it was settled. Unfortunately when I checked out several days later, the hotel added a smoking charge to the bill. I asked to speak to the manager who was very rude and said he would not remove the charge. I asked him to go up to the room with me to see himself if the inside of my room was smoke filled. He refused and started yelling at me. I have never been treated so rudely by management and I travel on business at minimum 4 days out of every week.
I would recommend that no one stay here!

• Stayed: March 2012
8  Thank travels52
David B, Front Office Manager at Mayflower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Hello,

When we bill a guest for smoking in their room we do so with careful consideration and only after requests to refrain from smoking have been ignored. We rely on our housekeeping supervisors to inspect rooms and provide us with information on potential smoking issues.

The guests that stay with us on a regular basis recognize that we are a 100% non smoking property. Our guests expect us to provide this smoke free environment.

David

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We enjoyed an amazing package deal at the Mayflower Park Hotel. The breakfast was simply delicious and the service was excellent in the Andalucca Restaurant. What a welcoming, well-run hotel. We will be sure to return. Happy hour at Oliver's was a highlight!

Room Tip: Ask the size of the room - it might be worth it to upgrade. I'd enjoy a corner suite next time.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Best location in Seattle. Can walk to great restaurants, the market and theaters. Comfortable, classy-but not stuffy. Friendly staff. Bring candy for the automobile valet.

Room Tip: Some rooms have twp bathrooms. Ask. Rooms facing the sound have nice view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I chose the Mayflower because it is an historic property, and I'm so glad I did! I walked into a beautiful lobby and was greeted by the front desk staff so professionally and politely - and that great customer service never waivered for the duration of my stay. Everyone who works for the hotel has impeccable manners - exactly what one would expect from a hotel of this caliber.
The rooms are also impeccably clean - although the carpet and upholstery are a bit dated (NOT dirty, just dated). That's the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars!
I had breakfast here every morning and the Andaluca dining room is quite good - I didn't go to Oliver's but there seemed to be people in there having a good time at all hours of the day.
You can't go wrong with this hotel - service, cleanliness, location all in one!

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor, so street noise was not a problem.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business