“Visiting Paris with College Students”

La Cocotte et la Marmite
Ranked #2 of 153 Restaurants in Clichy
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 15
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is amazing! Great food with the owner/waiter the most entertaining and informative about the entire menu! This is a required stop in Paris as it offers all that a local or visitor could dream of! Prices are also reasonable. We are already planning a return trip!

Thank B. Dawn M

Reviewed 17 October 2016

The owner who is also your waiter is friendly, entertaining, and can draw a picture of something for you to help you understand what the dish looks like. We had a small group which he quickly accommodated and we had a wide variety of entrees, drinks and we ordered one of each of the desserts. All was fabulous! After 10 days in France this was our favorite restaurant!

Thank B. Dawn M
Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Fresh ingredients perfectly prepared. Outstanding service. What a great surprise to find this gem in clichy. You have to go there if you want to enjoy great French cuisine as if you were at home. Great value for money.
We are the Spanish team!!!

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Had dinner with an associate that lived near bye and suggested his favorite local Bistro.

We starts with escargot and moved on to the Chefs daily special, pork tenderloin rolled in herbs and served with a reduction that was light but extremely flavorful.

Oliver (Chef, proprietor, waiter,) is outstanding and the food for this foodie was some of the best I have had in France.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

And they were pretty high expectations.

I went to La Cocotte for lunch after my coworkers had raved about it repeatedly and I was very pleased with my first visit. The gentleman manning the restaurant was incredibly knowledgeable of the ingredients making up the menu and clearly knew his wines as well.

Our starters were all lovely and we tried a few (terrine, crab remoulade, and escargot), but the best part was the mains. We collectively shared a cote de boeuf, tartare, duck breast, and lovely almond-encrusted fish. Everything tasted fresh and well-prepared with the kind of service I want at any restaurant.

At the end, I was as pleasantly surprised by the bill. It's not an inexpensive place by any means, but the quality of food well-justified the cost. The do have a reasonably-priced lunch menu as well with a starter/main or main/dessert...I really wish I had saved room for dessert at the end, both options looked delicious.

I'm already looking forward to returning!