“Phenomenal dinner off the beaten track”

La Cocotte et la Marmite
Ranked #2 of 153 Restaurants in Clichy
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 15
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Had dinner with an associate that lived near bye and suggested his favorite local Bistro.

We starts with escargot and moved on to the Chefs daily special, pork tenderloin rolled in herbs and served with a reduction that was light but extremely flavorful.

Oliver (Chef, proprietor, waiter,) is outstanding and the food for this foodie was some of the best I have had in France.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

And they were pretty high expectations.

I went to La Cocotte for lunch after my coworkers had raved about it repeatedly and I was very pleased with my first visit. The gentleman manning the restaurant was incredibly knowledgeable of the ingredients making up the menu and clearly knew his wines as well.

Our starters were all lovely and we tried a few (terrine, crab remoulade, and escargot), but the best part was the mains. We collectively shared a cote de boeuf, tartare, duck breast, and lovely almond-encrusted fish. Everything tasted fresh and well-prepared with the kind of service I want at any restaurant.

At the end, I was as pleasantly surprised by the bill. It's not an inexpensive place by any means, but the quality of food well-justified the cost. The do have a reasonably-priced lunch menu as well with a starter/main or main/dessert...I really wish I had saved room for dessert at the end, both options looked delicious.

I'm already looking forward to returning!

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

There are three things you need to know about this place. It does not pretend to be a tourist bistro, so it is small and has no English menus, it is not cheap, but that is a relative term, and the food and service are absolutely phenomenal. Service is great, food is spectacular and the atmosphere is splendid. Average entree is about €26, go for beef, duck or fish of the day. Steak tartare is €18 with a side salad. Desserts are about €9. Creme Brûlée is light and fluffy and well worth the price. Expect to spent about €150 for a family of 4 with plenty of wine and a couple of desserts which are great to share. Not the usual cheap bistro dinner in the centre of town but for what it was this was the best dinner we had to date in Paris. The waiter announced to everyone that we were from Canada and had some fun with it throughout the night. What a delightful and fabulous place!!!!!! We can't wait to go back. Best to call and bake reservations as the place fills out fast on a weekday.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Please! You MUST disregard any negative reviews and go here. We went with our two kids (12 & 16) and had a wonderful evening and a tremendous dinner. Not cheap as it clocked in at €152 *but* a great experience. We had tartare, steak, duck and fish, escargots to start, wine, and two desserts. The fellow working front of house was amazing. Thank you to him and thus establishment for a great evening.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Wonderful. Herring, escargots, rabbit and the black pudding. All were very good. With a backing track including Earth, Wind & Fire and The Buggles, what's not to love?