All reviewsclean roomsgreat locationsoapbedwifitv
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

I chose the Morning Wood simply because it's right next to The Station where the food is excellent. My room was the cleanest I have ever seen seen in any hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable with nice thick pillows and I slept great!

I will stay there again and will recommend to all my friends!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Greginthewoods
Reviewed 26 September 2016

I stayed at the Morning Wood for one night. The rooms are new and clean. They are spacious, with a refrigerator, coffee maker, and stocked with soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Most importantly, the bed was so comfortable. I would stay there anytime! The owner was so pleasant and had a great sense of humor!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank msdenisesager
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Words can't explain how good this place is and how great the lady at the front was she was the nicest person I've ever met we drove up for our honeymoon and looked for a room in town but couldn't find anything so we came in here and they had a room in the new side and it was awesome the room was so nice and clean and all new I'll definitely be back the lady at the front made us feel like we were right at home.

Stayed: September 2016
2  Thank jay24dog
Reviewed 20 September 2016

On a whim we decided to stay over night in Skagway, only to find that every place in town was sold out.

The Morning wood had the last four rooms available. We stayed in the older section over the bar, but the bar closes at 10:00pm and the fun is moved over to the new bar at the other end of the block so noise wasn't an issue. The general location was only two blocks away from the main drag, so it was perfect.

It was a shared bathroom, basic room, no TV or phone (like I had anyone to call anyway). We literally just needed a clean and warm place to sleep and this fit the bill.

It was pretty much half the price of any other hotel room in town, so no complaints as Skagway is on the expensive side for a tourist trap.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luene M
Reviewed 9 August 2016

The portion of the hotel I stayed in was brand new and very well done. The bed was really comfortable and had nice bedding as well...the right kind of pillows and comfortable, soft, clean cotton sheets and quilted comforter. They've done a very nice job and the bathrooms are large... The whole room is large in fact and has everything you need - flat screen, fridge, coffeemaker, etc. The space in the rooms and overall layout would make it an excellent choice if you were going to stay longer than a night or two. Also, very centrally located in Skagway. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends