“Central Comfort”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skagway
Sgt. Preston's Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Skagway
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I recently stayed at Sgt Preston's Lodge and got off to a bad start when I was not picked up as arranged from the ferry. However I booked into a large room which was comfortable with a frig and large TV and a clean bathroom. My concern was that the second night I lost the wifi connection completely and it did not return until early the next day. On the plus side the staff was friendly and the location was excellent - within walking distance of Broadway and many of the attractions in Skagway.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The location is excellent as it is close to everything without being so close as to be bothered by noise. Sgt. Preston's Lodge offers shuttle service to the Alaska Marine Highway System which is the ferry. They also provided us with shuttle service to and from the car rental agency. Our room was larger than most for this price range. Room was clean. Lodge let us leave our luggage in office until time for our shuttle to the ferry.
I would recommend Sgt. Preston's Lodge to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017

10 of us stayed 5 nights while we explored Skagway (came in on the ferry). While they are still working on refurbishing the place, we all had newly remodeled rooms. comfortable beds, very nice sheets and towels. My room had a jacuzzi tub, but we never tried it. Close to everything. Very walkable. Don't hesitate to book a room here.

Staff was very nice to all of us. The lobby is a mess, but just adds to the charm(yet to be remodeled) and has a couple of computers for anyone to use.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2017

You can't beat the location for Sgt Preston's. A stone's throw from Broadway, but not on the main drag. The check-in area is cluttered, messy and smelled. The clerk was not friendly at all. The room was quite large and in very good condition, but wasn't happy to see multiple hairs in bathroom and toilet. The wi-if was good, but the walls are thin and you can hear everything. Two or three couples decided to have a party on the lawn right outside my room, and they were loud and yuck Inn it up till nearly midnight. Also they were smoking and the smell was wafting into my room (the window was open because it was such a hot night).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2017

My friends and I stayed here for one night, in two rooms. The rooms were fine, adequate for a homebase while you explore the area, but the staff were unfriendly and unaccommodating. They didn't smile much and there were unwelcoming. I wouldn't stay here again. Also, the hotel seems to really not want guests to use their white towels to remove their makeup. (see photo) It's just not a place that gives off good vibes.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skagway
0.4 km away
Historic Skagway Inn
#3 of 5 in Skagway
26.7 km away
House No. 1 Fort Seward B&B

Been to Sgt. Preston's Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK