“Cheap hotel, and it shows”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd.
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed 5 April 2008

We were in town for a wedding. A large family group stayed at this hotel because my parents had liked it when they stayed here years ago and the price was right for them. Not a lot of amenities. The staff was friendly, but not up to snuff on housekeeping issues. For example, I requested extra pillows and was given two brand new pillows, but not offered any pillow cases. The property is a bit run down - especially the furnishings and the linens. The springs in a chair had collapsed on one side. The blanket and bedspread on our bed had holes. Remote controls so old that the numbers were worn off and the back and batteries kept falling out. One room was so musty that my asthamatic relative had to request a different room (which - to their credit - was promptly provided by management - and was larger than their original room, for the same price - like I said, helpful front office staff). Hotel has non-smoking rooms - right across the hall from rooms where smoking is allowed, so the halls smell pretty bad if you're a non-smoker. Management cuts costs by not providing daily housekeeping services (can be had at an extra charge) and by charging for internet access (which is advertised as 'available' on their website) when most places provide it for free. Signage for the property is terrible - set so far back from the road and behind trees that we missed the entrance more than once. This is a place to sleep for the night...and not much more.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 28 June 2007

The property @ 2316 Busbee Drive, Kennesaw, GA is NASTY- stinks and stealing is not uncommon. Today - a man with a open can of beer - sitting on the curb with a nasty dog --- I had to ask him to move from the stairwell so I could get into the building.. I would consider it a half way house for those who are homeless.. On a scale of 1-10 this is a -1. I prepaid with Priceline at a cheap rate - or I wouldn't be staying here. My closet rod was broken - we reported it -- upon arrival the next morning --- used a cart as a closet rod and when we were out (My husband is a nurse and thank GOD they didn't awake him- he forgot to put the do not disturb sign inside). Yes - the do not disturb sign was out... They piled my clothing on the couch / mind I am talking about pressed clothing.... laying wrinkled on the sofa --- Bass Brand shoes and Croc shoes missing. When I phoned the front desk - they acted like nothing - a manager that let me know she was in charged and basically threaten me on the phone. DON'T STAY IN KENNESAW!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jaqkmq
A TripAdvisor Member
Ohio
Reviewed 22 June 2006

okay choice. only reason i stayed here was because i used priceline. the room was comfortable. however, my non smoking room smelled of smoke. linens appeared clean. for the $28 nightly rate i got off priceline, it was great. However, I think next time I will stick with what I am familiar with and stay at a Hampton Inn, eventhough it costs a bit more. Only if you are on a tight budget is this place for you.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Kennesaw hotels
0 km away
3.9 km away
Red Roof Inn Kennesaw
Red Roof Inn Kennesaw
#16 of 31 in Kennesaw

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd.? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd.

Address: 3316 George Busbee Pkwy NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144-4999 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios )
Region: United States > Georgia > Kennesaw
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Kennesaw
Price Range: ₹ 4,839 - ₹ 6,258 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Kennesaw