“Excellent Dining”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Love the food from the entrée to the desserts! A good variety food.on their menu & drinks. The setting is cozy and nice. Free Valet parking if necessary & convenient for us. We just had a party of 15 to 20 folks there and had a blast!

Reviewed 17 November 2011

I went to Marlow's Tavern early on a Friday night in early November, while traveling on business in Kennesaw, and from the moment I announced to the greeter that I was a "single," I felt second-class. There was a slight chilling in his attitude, and I was told I could be seated outside--"but it's heated," he said. Granted, I didn't ask how long I'd have to wait for a seat inside, but I would have felt more "equal" if this information had been offered up. The outside patio was plastic-enclosed and heated by overhead units. The iron outdoor table I was seated at slanted enough that I wondered about a drink spilling. The heaters were pushing out a lot of heat, but my front was warm, and my back was a little chilly. The food was good--I had the night's special of beef on a crispy potato cake with broccolini and a gorgonzola cheese sauce--and my server was solicitous. But it was hard to get over the feeling of having been evaluated and found wanting. I wonder what dinner would have been like at the "grownups' table."

Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and have been to Marlow's several times and we love it for the following reasons:
Location: Marlows is conveniently located minutes from Town Center mall and the movie theatre which makes it a wonderful spot for pre movie dinner or after movie drink.

Ambiance: Marlow's has a very intimate layout. Fairly small, dark lit tables makes for a romantic dinner. Bar area is small but the nice.

Service: The Maitre D is awesome.I forget his name but he never forgets ours. We are greeted by name everytime we come in (since the first time over a year ago). The bartenders are friendly and make great drinks. I came one night after they had a month long special menu with special drinks. Although the drink I wanted was no longer on the menu - the bartender looked in the back, found some leftover mix and made the drink for me for weeks until they ran out.

Food - is what keeps us coming back!!!! The shrimp and grits are AWESOME! Dont be fooled - the grit cake looks dry but when you cut into it, simply heavenly. We have yet to order something and not like it. They also have a brunch on Sunday that is delicious!

Overall marlows has great food, great drinks, and fabulous service. Try it for yourself and let me know what you think.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

Marlow's is a favorite...kind of our "go to" neighborhood restaurant. It has it all...really friendly staff from chef to host/hostess at the front door. The food is eclectic with something for everyone from flatbread to burgers to their terrific weekend buffet. In the mood for a steak they're got that, too. We love the patio dining in good weather and truly enjoy the live music. Two thumbs up on this one.