Penzion UNO
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsczech republicbeautiful viewroom was largefell in lovefew yearsnice place to staywonderful familysmall townmin walkmartinpianotaxihillrestaurantcomfortpensionkaufland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was my second visit, and it's still true, the owners are a caring, honest, hardworking family. It was another heartwarming stay at this charming ( ever expanding) bed and breakfast. On my arrival after a long 18 plus hours of travel was greeted with a smile as I was picked up promptly from the bus station and I was delivered a delicious mouthwatering meal ( the special-rabbit cooked to perfection with homeade pasta noodles) to my room as it was Sunday and the new restaurant was closed. Daily I had choice of my freshly prepared breakfast and finally prearranged promt transportation to the airport. If I needed anything, like a conversion plug, all I had to do was ask. If you are looking for a local feel and a very reasonable rate then you just can't go wrong with the UNO. Thanks Martin, Hanna, and Chesmire!

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub and a deck with a beautiful view pick room 4. The pictures on the website don't really show the true feeling of the spacious room.
Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Our room (number 9) was light, spacious and immaculately clean. The kitchenette had all the utensils needed to prepare and cook a simple meal. The new restaurant had an imaginative menu, which changed daily and the food was delicious - also had a vegetarian option. Prices are good value for both the food and the room rate. The stand out feature was the friendliness and helpfulness of this family-run business. Hanna and staff couldn't have been more welcoming and work very hard to ensure that our stay was relaxing. I can highly recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Very good size room, and Clean, Its could be a bit of a walk from the town if your unfit. 10-15mins walk, The hill is step on the way back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laskolane
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My wife and I have stayed here twice now and would never stay anywhere else in Zlin! The rooms are clean and the owners are also the operators, the chefs, and work very hard to ensure your stay will be excellent. They have several style rooms and breakfast is very delicious. The rate is affordable. They view is beautiful. There will be a restaurant opening inside the hotel November 1st and I'm sure it will be incredible as they are searching for a top notch chef. The Penzion Uno is a hidden gem now many traveling are aware of. Not the knock other Czech hotels, or Europe hotels in general for that matter, but they can sometimes be dirty and run down...Not the case with the Penzion Uno. Modern in design and welcoming in hospitality.....

Room Tip: Contact the Penzion directly and discuss these details.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I cannot imagine not having a good experience here so the one negative review I read here seems very out of place to me. The owners are lovely and did everything to accommodate and ensure our stay was a pleasant one. We chose a downstairs room which was nicely appointed and quite comfortable, but there are some upstairs rooms that are even more lovely with great views of the Zlin countryside. Breakfast was DELICIOUS. The proprietors provided taxi service, picking us up at the Otrokovice train station and then back and forth to a few appointments and the grocery store down the hill. On the rare occasion they were not available, they gladly called a regular taxi service for us. If we are able to return to Zlin, we will absolutely be staying at the Uno again!

Room Tip: Upstairs Superior rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family