“Hotel Seward”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Seward
Sydney, Australia
“Hotel Seward”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Hotel Seward is the greatest place for people who like to move around. Located on 5th Avenue, Seward, it is located near the coastline yet also in the busy district. I cannot think of a crew that tops the staff at HS. Always with a smile, they greet you with kindness and generosity offering free candy at the front desk. Wes, the hotel's fishing guy took me on fishing trip. When I came back I realised what true Alaskans are. If I could find anyone nicer than Wes(which i wont) well,yeah, I won't! The beds are the best in America, no one can beat them.Parents, if you have adventurous kids, stay at hotel seward. I am a kid, so you should take my advice.

Will Thorp,9, Sydney, Australia

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank William T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We just back from a week long cruise in Alaska that we decided to end by spending 5 days in Seward. We stayed at the Hotel Seward which for a family that is used to staying in luxury hotels in major cities around the world we were very nervous about what to expect. Our fears were quickly removed when we checked in and met the friendly and helpful staff and were brought to our rooms which were surprisingly large for such a historic hotel. While I don't believe its fair to compare a hotel in NYC to a hotel in Seward I would have to give Hotel Seward 5 stars relative to other hotels in the area. All of the locals that we met talked about how the new owners have really resurrected the Hotel Seward and continue to make improvements every year. The food in the restaurant is fantastic, the staff was incredible, and the hotel itself is everything you expect from a locally owned boutique hotel in any small city. I would be doing a great disservice if I didn't mention that you MUST try to get a fishing charter with Wes the hotel's fishing guide. He took me, my wife and 4 children fishing all day. He was incredible, we caught tons of fish but he was more than a fishing guide. Wes was our tour guide to the area. He would stop to show us bears, and moose and other wildlife. He was really patient and funny with the kids. Mary and Mark the owners of the hotel made sure we had a great time. We are definitely coming back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DerekOL
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We just came back from a lovely stay at the Hotel Seward. It was a special event for us and the staff was so nice. There was a card and chocolates waiting in our room and everyone wished us congratulations. We had a room without bath that looked onto 5th Avenue and it was very comfortable. My husband thought the bed was too soft, but the staff member checking us out said it's a pillow top that they can take off if we let them know ahead of time - so now we know! The things I would note is that it would be nice to have bathrobes to use to go down the hall to the bathroom, and we needed a plug for our room's sink. All-in-all, a very well-run establishment with great decor. We likely will go again.

Room Tip: We had room 202 - Queen without bath in the old bit. It was lovely.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2012

when my husband and i went to seward for a get away the hotel seward was a great place to stay very friendly and clean lots of history to look at. great staff and good food will stay there again for sure : )

Room Tip: the view room was very sunny and spacious, romantic wth the fireplace
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I stayed at Hotel Seward last week for 2 nights and was very pleased with everything about this Hotel. Warm and beautiful lobby and the rooms were very comfortable. There was a free computer in the lobby and great variety for breakfast--fruits, toast/Eng. muffins, pastries, cereals--YUM!! The staff was very friendly and helpful, as was the owners and their beautiful puppy, Bella! The hotel is conveniently located--a couple of blocks from Resurrection Bay, the Incredible Alaskan Sea Life Center and great shopping & restaurants. I highly recommend the Hotel Seward--
Barbara