Found the Sourdough B&B using Tripadvisor.
Disclaimer on this review: I've stayed around the world in B&B so I've seen some phenomenal B&B's (some only costing $75 per night)!
We stayed in bedroom #1. The room was small, yet sufficient. It's a cute little house, clean, 3 bedrooms, all of which are upstairs. The owners must live close by.
Pros-- quiet, off of the beaten path. Outside of town, so if you want to walk to downtown Seward, you need to get in your car.
- Great sundeck.
- Breakfast was really good (sourdough pancakes) and the host was a really nice guy. The hospitality was appreciated.
- Clean and pretty quiet
- The bathroom is kinda funky in room #1.
- Not much in terms of toiletries (bring your own shampoo and soap).
- Beds and sheeting were a little.....old. I've slept in better. Probably time for some new sheets and bedding.
All in all a nice place....I've stayed in some B&B's with the wow factor -- that's what I look for. At $150 a night the price was about average relative to what I've seen at other B&B's. Nice place, was sufficient, cute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, custom, one-of-a-kind bed and breakfast on 6 1/2 acres of wooded seclusion, just minutes from downtown Seward. Clean modern rooms with private baths and deluxe queen-size beds. World famous sourdough pancake breakfast served every morning along with great stories about 35 years of living in the Great Land. Come join us for some true Alaskan hospitality. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sourdough Sunrise Bed And Breakfast
- Sourdough Sunrise Hotel Seward