All reviews sea bean coffee shop downstairs claw foot tub sea life center vintage building grinder great location charming decor baked oatmeal small apartment within walking distance in town wood floors shuttle stop bed was comfortable separate bedroom full kitchen
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Big awful stairway to lug your luggage....Purple door and red polka dot comforter on broken down bed....Ugly "view" of crap outside window....broken beds, cushions, cars.....just pure ick!!! Grungy futon for so called Double sofa bed....Not even close to "bed". Do yourself a favor and rule this one out from the get go!!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank jackiedee453
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Location was decent with eating places right below. Apartment was dated, small. Blinds could not keep the long day lights out in the night. Outside view was neighbor's roof with some chairs! Water was not hot enough for shower. I had to text the staff and was told to wait 10-15 minutes and then try. Fan/light would not turn off light so we had to keep fan off in the night. It was too warm in the night so we did not get good night of sleep. However, Bed and Futons were comfortable. Kitchen was small but functional.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 1Sammy2018
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We have stayed in a lot of Boutique style accommodation around the world, varying from brand new to historic- just to give some background to my review...... and I was really disappointed with this one. As soon as I opened the front door to our room my eyes were instantly drawn to the lumpy and dirty looking futon bed. They then went beyond that to the roof patio of the neighbouring property, complete with discarded tools, chairs and other various items. I was to find out later that night that the neighbours do use that patio - quite late and quite noisily!

My overall impression was a lack of spending on this place. Yes, it’s old but with some love and attention it could be great. Get rid of the old and broken gear, replace them and make it modern in a historic building instead of just old and dirty looking. It seems to have no theme or direction - a modern TV but crappy old lounge, high end sheets but kitchen drawers you can’t open.

The bathroom is quaint but sadly lacking hot water which detracted from it considerably! The owners response that yes, sometimes they run out of hot water just isnt good enough. This is Alaska - it gets cold here!!

I left a list of items not working for the owners but haven’t heard back from them, I hope they are attended to - no point having a coffee machine and beans if the grinder doesn’t work.

I really think it could be awesome, but it needs work.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank TheJ0hns0ns
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Loved the vintage building, and it’s obviously been lovingly restored. Great location. Beds not the best, and there are NO people on hand to ask any questions - you can text the innkeepers, and they will get back to you (took an hour or so). There’s also no common room, so definitely not a B and B sort of experience, just FYI.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We had the back room, with a view of the ally, but the breezes from the water made up for the view. It was a cute place to stay, and was pretty quiet. Kitchenette was good, but the dishes were less than clean. We loved not having carpet, but wood floors.

Stayed: May 2018