Review Highlights
amzing experience

I am not an experienced rider, but felt very confident with the instructions I was given. We went... read more

Reviewed 14 September 2018
Marianne D
Melbourne, Australia
Fun trail ride!

Fun trail ride through beautiful country! Lots of water crossings, some deep enough that we needed... read more

Reviewed 12 September 2018
Patty M

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Seward
from US$ 173.63
from US$ 108.36
from US$ 195.03
from US$ 550.00
More Info
All reviews great ride hour ride oats bear tracks riding experience horse ride water crossings bald eagles experienced riders experience level brown bear great guide resurrection bay take photos salmon alaskan adventure visit seward
Reviewed 4 September 2017

There were 7 of us, ages 10,13,16,17 and 3 adults; 2 out of 7 enjoyed the trip, which is why I'm rating 2 stars instead of 1. We've done this kind of ride before on other vacations, but none of us are experts by any means. I was given a horse that liked to trot (and was warned) but never told how to control him or how to ride without a severely sore back. The trail was quite muddy, so the horse walked along the side as much as possible. Makes sense. But add to that a bunch of large tree branches that weren't trimmed back and hit me in the gut when my horse would trot along, I sustained huge bruises on my sides. The guide didn't seem very interested in talking to us, the one thing she did say sounded wooden, overly rehearsed, and uninteresting. Too bad, since the place was so beautiful and has an amazing history (which we heard on other excursions). Pictures were also taken during the ride, a few are worth buying, but not at the prices they charge. There was no effort made to take a group shot before or after, as has happened in previous trail rides on other vacations. Overall, I cannot recommend this company unless you have riding experience, no back problems, and don't mind unfriendly guides.

2  Thank Peggy C
breanna1308, Owner at Bardy's Trail Rides - Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

I'm Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your trail ride. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your Alaskan vacation.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We are riders and often travel with our own horses. When we do rides with guides and their horses we never know what to expect. This ride was amazing.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

So glad to hear you enjoyed the ride. It is a beautiful ride, and our horses usually mind their manners. :)

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Our group of five went on a Sunday trail ride this summer with Bree, and we had a fantastic experience! We had a wide range of experience level in our group, from expert to no experience, and everyone on the ride was comfortable and had a fun experience. It was fun to learn the personality of our individual horse. I would highly recommend Bardy's for a unique view of Alaska! We saw quite a few eagles on our journey, and all the salmon spawning. So much fun!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Great trail ride! Got to see some of Alaska close up- lots of salmon in the streams we rode through and great weather on 8/22/17 -about 68 degrees. I've riden with other trail riding businesses in North Georgia, and this the best outfitter- horses and trails by far.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
breanna1308, Owner at Bardy's Trail Rides - Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Glad you enjoyed your trail ride with us. Come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We had a very nice 2 hour 3 generation family horse ride through various terrains. Except for the sprinkles of rain, everything was perfect. The horses were well behaved and we enjoyed the dog accompanying us.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
breanna1308, Owner at Bardy's Trail Rides - Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your ride. Yes Oats the dog is the star of the show.