All reviewsclean roomspool area isgreat hotelguestscroatia
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Close to the beach and the downtown, offers parking places, good food and quiet environment, helpful staff, clean rooms and common spaces. Besides it is very expensive, especially during the peak season.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

It wasn't our first choice, because of no available rooms in nearby hotel, we were offered to stay there. Decent and clean rooms. A lot of options for breakfast but of very poor quality. Probably will not return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2017

My overall experience at this hotel was great - I had a couple of days here after an island holiday, and spent them relaxing by the pool. The hotel is well situated, close to the beach (which was crowded by day but fun by night) and just outside the town centre but easily close enough to walk in. The pool area is good, with plenty of loungers and large enough for the number of people using it. Most of the staff I encountered were lovely, very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately there's one woman on reception who is surly and verging on rude, which gives a bad impression. The bedrooms are nice and of a good size. One thing that puzzled me was that the bathrooms have had serious money spent on them, but the hotel scrimps on towels which are small and poor quality which rather spoils the experience. Similarly, beds are comfortable, but the sheets are too small to tuck in which results in a disturbed night's sleep. The breakfasts are good with lots of choices both hot and cold. Overall, I enjoyed my time here, but the hotel could be really terrific if it could sort out the minor issues.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank JillyFlower535
Reviewed 9 August 2017

This place is absolutely disgraceful. Just a few reasons:

- being allocated a room that was half the size of what I paid for, which I found out on arrival
- stained curtains and pretty bad smell
- not being notified until arrival of a major problem with some rooms that meant some people in my travelling party couldn't sleep there
- being offered an "alternative" for the rooms the party couldn't enter - adult men being offered to share beds (after we paid for individual double rooms)
- being told by the Director that the funds had immediately been refunded into our account as that's policy for unsatisfied customers
- finding out a few days later that the above wasn't true
- Director backtracking and refusing to refund anything (we paid for everything in advance), stating that it's our problem for not accepting the alternative
- an associate being harassed into paying for his room upon check-out, even though the room had been paid for in full (mistake on their system)
- making it difficult for said associate to get reimbursed due to "some difficulties with the bank system"
- unprofessional staff (especially the Director Lukućen)

....I could go on.

Basically, don't go there.

Room Tip: Don't go here...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Tamara I
Reviewed 22 May 2017

We were on a road trip of Croatia and Vodice served a logical and convenient overnight. Using an app I contacted the hotel directly from the road and asked for a double room with handicapped accessibility. We got to the hotel about 45 minutes later and the kind lady at the Front Desk was waiting for us (about 8pm). I noted the pool was not filled, which was surprising as most other hotels we stayed in Croatia had their summer pools ready. Parking good, not in the street, but under roof in the back of establishment. Felt safe. We get to the room and we have a single (one twin bed) handicapped accessible room. On my way down to the see the Front Desk there is a double room opened and I peeked in and see it is perfect for us. I go back to the Front Desk and the lady tells me the room should be fine for both of us. I told her no chance and that we asked for a double room. After some digging in the computer she proceeds to switched our room. The room was comfortable, clean, beautiful balcony. Breakfast was plenty and varied. Wi-Fi worked very well in the rooms. It should be noted that there is construction going on next door; a monstruosity hotel being build to look like a ship. The Miramar looks like a classy mansion and I would rather stay at the Miramare any day. The owner was present often, walking around and interacting with guests; sort of gave it a classic, old world type of customer service feeling. Very nice. Overall, great stay.

Room Tip: Second floor and up front have great balconies and view with not a lot of noise.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple