3,366 results
All reviews abc store west tower small beach the big island within walking distance hawaiian history partial ocean view island breeze paddle boards shops and restaurants pool bar hotel is in a great location loved this hotel breakfast buffet ocean front oceanfront room mini fridge
Reviewed 14 May 2018

The hotel is located just off the pier in Kailua-Kona Bay and has all the restaurants and little gift shops with in walking distance of the hotel. It is one of the few hotels with an actual sand beach and has a great Luau at it. It is not the best hotel on the island but is in the top 10. I got luck and got one of the best rooms except for the more expensive rooms on the end with the best ocean views. I was in room 660 which had the best partial ocean view of the standard rooms. The buffet breakfast was a little bit expensive unless you are a big eater but across the street from the hotel was a lot of restaurants where I found the best breakfast.

Room tip: I stayed in Room 660 which may have been the best room for a partial ocean view
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank marbur1943
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 10 days. The location was great. Close to the beach, restaurant, historic monuments, public market, local shops and big box retailer's if that's your thing.
Hotel is nice, different areas were getting some upgrades. Pool was ok but sometimes hard to get 2 loungers together. Restaurant staff was great Justin and Lani along with the pool bar staff were always very attentive. House keeping staff always made sure you had lots of supplies and rooms were tidy.
I would return.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Best hotel in the town. Accessible to all the imenities. The hotel has its own little beach while having access to the ocean. Loved the entire experience. Will be back for my 10 year anniversary. The customer service was awesome.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2018

We had a decent room, with a slight view of the bay. Great for taking in the sunrise though! The small beach in front of the hotel is used by many people, but not overly busy. Plenty of shops/restaurants within walking distance. We had breakfast included in our package. Lots of fresh fruit and an omlette stand.

The pool was great, tough to get a chair if you show up mid-late morning. The pool bar/restaurant was great and the bartenders were fun.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

I am beyond LIVID. There was a loud party going on in the room next to me at 2:30 in the morning. I called down MULTIPLE TIMES to the front desk, concierge, housekeeping, & even dialed the main number from my cell phone....no one answered the phone!!!! I had to get out of bed, change my clothes, & come down 6 floors only to find employee Jocelyn hanging out chatting with a guy who does not work here; he proceeded to sit there & listen to my conversation?! When I told her what was going on & asked why no one answered, she asked if I dialed the front desk?! Seriously?! The front desk was pitch black. Instead of calling security, she asked me if I wanted to change rooms at 3AM?! I told her I wanted her to call security ASAP to break the party up & conveyed how frustrated & upset I was to have to come all the way down there to report a complaint!!
I plan on speaking to the manager ASAP in the morning. This is absolutely unacceptable & there was no customer service here. She was clearly more interested in hanging out with this guy.

Date of stay: May 2018