“Quick Sushi Option, Good Service Depends on Whose Working”

Genki Sushi Hawaii Incorporated
Ranked #211 of 307 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I've been twice in a month and the first time service was junk and they forgot half our order.. The 2nd time service was amazing and fast and we waited for our table longer than we waited for any of the food. Waited for a table for about 15 minutes.

The price can really rack up depending on what plate color you order so be aware of that.

Also the food on the belt can be sitting for a while so order fresh food and watch it as they put new food out ;)

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Not a bad place for some quality sushi. The place needs new seats in their booths. Prices good and two can eat a fair amount for lunch for around $24.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful atmosphere, great service, not too expensive and delicious food.
It's a beautiful place to spend with your family and friends.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I *loved* Genki Sushi while we were in Japan so when we saw there was a location close to where we were staying on the Big Island we had to go, despite reviews.

It wasn't as dire as reviews had said, but it definitely wasn't anything like our experience in Japan. There were very few items on the conveyor belt and no screens to order on, which meant ordering through our server, defeating the point of the conveyor belt. They finally started adding fresh sushi to the conveyor when we were leaving.

All in all an okay experience. I'm glad to go simply because onion salmon is my one true love of sushi and Genki is the only place I've ever found it.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Kids begged to go in when they saw this was conveyor belt sushi as they have had similar back home. Drinks were very expensive but the sushi was decently priced. Tried a little of everything and had some hits and misses, but the kids loved it all. They grabbed multiple plates of edamame and even tried new sushi they had not seen before. My wife and i found things we liked well enough but it as really about the kids remembering the meal.