“Great time at Genki”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful atmosphere, great service, not too expensive and delicious food.
It's a beautiful place to spend with your family and friends.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I *loved* Genki Sushi while we were in Japan so when we saw there was a location close to where we were staying on the Big Island we had to go, despite reviews.

It wasn't as dire as reviews had said, but it definitely wasn't anything like our experience in Japan. There were very few items on the conveyor belt and no screens to order on, which meant ordering through our server, defeating the point of the conveyor belt. They finally started adding fresh sushi to the conveyor when we were leaving.

All in all an okay experience. I'm glad to go simply because onion salmon is my one true love of sushi and Genki is the only place I've ever found it.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Kids begged to go in when they saw this was conveyor belt sushi as they have had similar back home. Drinks were very expensive but the sushi was decently priced. Tried a little of everything and had some hits and misses, but the kids loved it all. They grabbed multiple plates of edamame and even tried new sushi they had not seen before. My wife and i found things we liked well enough but it as really about the kids remembering the meal.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

My son enjoys sushi; so after reading the reviews, I thought this would be a fun spot for his birthday dinner. I should have known better. The interior was filthy and the food was unremarkable. Best thing(s) were the fries and chicken wings. Waste of time and money; extra star earned for thee service - waiters were nice and attentive.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We picked up a sushi platter for supper tonight, and this was a great sushi option. The staff are friendly, and they even had it ready for us early. Definitely a winner.