US$ 223
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 236/night.

US$ 225
  • Restaurant
US$ 261
US$ 120
Kona Seaside Hotel(Kailua-Kona)(Great Value!)
US$ 176
Kona Islander Inn(Kailua-Kona)
US$ 229
US$ 160
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 250/night.

US$ 463
US$ 315
US$ 237
Priceline
  • Pool
Kona Tiki Hotel(Kailua-Kona)(Great Value!)
US$ 123
TripAdvisor
US$ 1,090
US$ 925
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 1,041/night.

All reviewsaloha condosair conditioningocean poolgolf courseocean frontthe big islandtennis courtsliving roomthe security guardgrocery storecleaning feesmall baygreat condocondo complexkeahou bayminute drivekeahou shopping center
Reviewed 18 September 2006

We have stayed here 3 times (1996, 1999, and 2006). It is peaceful, spacious, and beautiful. We rented through an agency on the internet, which is MUCH cheaper than going through Outrigger. Just google Kanaloa. The units are large and well furnished--1200 feet I read--huge compared to a hotel, and the kitchen is perfect for breakfast, lunch, and an occasional dinner. There are 3 pools.

The only downside is that not all units have airconditioning, and whatever price you are quoted will be $15 more if you do request airconditioning. You need it 25% of the time...decide if it is worth it.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NancyOak
Reviewed 6 September 2006

The previous reviews about the lack of A/C are dead on. Fortunately I read them before checking in. Unfortunately I requested A/C in advance and still didn't get it! The front desk was ambivalent and unhelpful on the matter. "Too bad" was basically what I got in response. In addition the ceiling fan in the main room didn't work.

Beyond the lack of cooling, the rooms haven't been renovated in probably 25 years. They looked like something from the late 70's. Yes, the space the large, but was offset in my mind by the "Brady Bunch" decor.

There is a also a number of stray cats on the premises. I understand this problem isn't confined to this property, but it seemed worse here than anywhere else I went on the island.

Bottom line-- No way this should be the #1 rated hotel in Kona.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Ijustwannafly
Reviewed 25 August 2006

We stayed here Aug 16 through Aug 21 with another couple in the 2 bed, 2 bath Fairway view room. We booked through AA vacations and it was only $1800 per couple for air and hotel. We requested A/C and MAN, am I glad we did. The temperatures were close to 90 degrees every day and it was HOT in the condo. We are from Texas where it's 105 all the time and it was still swealtering in the condo with just fans and open windows. We got a unit with AC and they gave us a key to unlock the thermastat. We cranked it down and it was finally at a reasonable inside temp with 24 hours of turning it on. Definitely worth the extra money!

The unit was SO spacious. We had a nice large living room with a TV and DVD player. There was a full size fridge in the kitchen and all the appliances you could need in the kitchen. They had all the dishes, dish soap and kitchen towels.

The only downside was that 1 bedroom had 2 twin beds that the hotel came and 'made' into a king bed, so that we could have equal rooms. The master bathroom was fantastic. It has a HUGE closet and granite counters. The shower was enormous with dual shower heads for 2. All the rooms had fans and they also provided a standing fan. The master bedroom also had an extra balcony off of the room. We stayed in 1103. The main balcony had a table set and a lounge chair that looked onto the golf course. It had a wet bar and ice machine outside. It did not have the pool toys, beach equipment or beach towels like the privately owned ones, but we never needed any of that.

We ate at Edwards one night on our trip. Get there by 6 for the sunset view. The food is good, but a little overpriced. My husband got the prime rib and it was not seasoned at all, a little disappointing for $28. The shrimp scampi andmoonfish were good.

For souveniers, make a trip to ABC, their chocolate mac nuts are cheaper than even Walmarts prices.

If you go to Akaka Falls, stop and eat at Lisa's Pizza, it's the best little place on the Big Island!!! Worth the drive.

For snorkeling, check out Kamanu charters, there are just a few people per each trip, so you have a lot more room to spread out and enjoy your trip. The Body Glove looked so crowded I was glad not to be on that one.

Stay away from the breakfast Buffet at Uncle Billy's hotel, it was cold, over priced and sketchy. The birds and mongoose were all over it. It was a waste of money!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Tiffany_UTA
Reviewed 15 August 2006

My wife and I stayed here for three nights at the beginning of August. We booked through Pleasant Holidays. I reserved a one bedroom ocean view. I was upgraded, for reasons I'm unsure of, to a two bedroom-with- loft ocean view. I think with the tax that room is @ $300.00per. It had a jaccuzzi, a bar on the lanai, a two person shower and a bidet(whoa). The view was of a small swimable cove near the entrace to the complex. It was beautiful. I think it was room 3007, but I could be wrong. There are tennis courts, 3 pools(one oceanside and one adults only) and a restaurant that serves mediocre food at high prices-but has a sunset view worth every penny. The grounds were very nicely maintained. Everything was clean and inviting. I don't rate it excellent because of the "nitpicking" charges. $15.00 per day for airconditioning and an annoying 40 cents to make local calls.( I think the girl at the reception desk was embarassed to collect my $1.24 for three local calls, but she did.)

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank verybigv
Reviewed 14 August 2006

The condo was very nice, and had everything we needed to have a great time. We were in Hawaii with a soccer team, so we had six condos rented. Each was in a different building so I got to see a variety of rooms, each was nicely set up.
We all had plenty of dishes, pots, pans, utencils. There were beach chairs, umbrellas, coolers, and more! Some rooms had snorkeling gear, others had water toys such as inflatable lounge chairs.
The thing that I enjoyed most about the room I was in was sitting on my patio and watching the golfers tee off, my view was straight down the fairway. They were amazingly close. Off to the left and surronding the green was the ocean. I took binoculars and watched the kyakers passing by, and also the cruise ships. Beautiful sunrise, and sunsets also. I loved this condo!

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank carouselqueen