All reviews john muir national monument place to stay neon sign nice towels comfortable bed iron and ironing board coffee maker close to downtown non smoking mini fridge nice breakfast flat screen tv street noise convenient location san francisco earplugs
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Before booking I looked at the reviews of the Muir Lodge Motel in Martinez. It was an short Uber ride from the Amtrak station. The front desk made check in very easy and fast. It was almost midnight so I appreciated the nice reception . When I walked in the room...what a surprise !!! A beautifully tiled bathroom with a grab rail into the shower. Great WiFi and well lit for
reading. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I highly recommend this motel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank marymartinm2017
Reviewed 17 August 2018

I was looking for a place to stay after going to the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (highly recommended!) that wasn’t outrageously expensive, reasonably close, and in a safe neighborhood. This place fit the bill. Surprisingly quiet at night. Beds were comfortable, although one of the bedspreads had a faint stain that didn’t escape my son’s sharp eyes. No problem for me, since I could tell it had been washed, sometimes stains don’t come clean—we just switched beds.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Naoko K
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Overall a very nice stay here - one of the nicest budget accommodation bathrooms I've seen. Access to fridge, microwave etc useful and room was very clean.

The only issue we encountered was a very temperamental air con unit - it didn't want to cool down quickly enough so had a hard time getting to sleep.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018

It doesn’t look like the Marriott outside but the rooms we’re recently renovated and clean. My room had a king size bed, television, microwave and refrigerator. Perfect for budget conscious travelers near CA-4.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 July 2018

When we pulled up to this place I was a little concerned because it really looked like 1960 but the rooms have been redone and modernized. Small pool and tight parking but adequate. Only 20 to 25 rooms all on the ground level which makes it easy to get in and out. Friendly manager who seemed to genuinely care. Has frig, microwave and coffeemaker, but the supplied coffee pretty bad. I wish I had some instant coffee with me because that would have been much better. There is a restaurant, Fresh Start, about 100 yards away that is pretty good and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Date of stay: July 2018