only 1 night in this hotel but I can't find too much extraordinary things to highlight here why it's only neutral/average for my understanding:
- excellent Sauna and outside Jacuzzi, a small pool
- very good meals (4 courses) incl. in half-board rates
- central location (close to party places)
- rooms are local standard in size (=spacious!) with balcony, bathroom with shower and tub and separate toilet. Last time renovated maybe early 2000,
- furniture pretty much worn
- empty mini-bar but 1 free bottle of water
- breakfast ok (warm)
- lobby which includes a bar is smoking room, smokers smoke cigars in the area what you can't avoid as a guest. Smoker room should be in extra room with closed doors!! 2009 Austria will get a non-smoker protection law but no big changes expected like in Germany :-(
- my room smelled like smoke
- hard beds (nothing like "Marriott")
- hard to control temerature in room esp. at night (too hot)
- high pricelevel (bottle of wine 35 EUR),
- if you ask to deduct half-board they offer 10 EUR/Person cheaper which is absurd compared to the prices they charge for non-resident guests (breakfast is 5 EUR cheaper)
Also be informed that the hotel belongs to one of the 3 families in Sölden which have 95% of the market incl. the party-cafes, apres-ski hütten and ski-lifts. Due to the heavly promoted Russian invasion prices fly high and there is no real competition...
Main reason to come to Sölden is to go skiing and party - for that reason you can also go to a smaller Pension with limited services but pay on 25 EUR/Person instead of 120 EUR... (if available??)
They rate themselve as a "4*-Hotel" but I had problems to recognize any kind of 4* Services. Maybe it's because of the "professional complaint management" they suppose to have (survey to be filled before check-out)??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The umbrella brand "Gurschlers Sonne" unites the Gurschler family's businesses and stands for the highest quality possible, tradition and shared values, deeply rooted in this family for generations. Equally as deeply rooted is that pioneering spirit, by means of which the Gurschler family has also left a decisive mark on the history of the Ötztal valley, and especially that of Sölden and Hochsölden.Wellness above the rooftops of Sölden!In the spa, guests of four-star Hotel Liebe Sonne enjoy open views out across the landscapes of Sölden. Aside from the indoor pool with waterfall and massage jets, the Finnish sauna, bio-sauna, steam bath, heat cabin and tanning studio, one definite highlight is the open-air hot tub with sunbathing terrace on the 4th floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, seekda GmbH, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Liebe Sonne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.