“Good Hotel”
Review of AlpineResort

AlpineResort
Ranked #29 of 42 Hotels in Zell am See
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Everything in hotel is good except the welcome that we had when we checked in. I made my reservation through booking.com and I booked the comfort room which is bigger than normal room and I paid more for that, in my reservation it clearly mentioned double bed with sofa bed that accommodate up to 2 children. When I checked in the receptionist told me that I cannot accommodate my daughter in the room, it shall and they have to change my room and charge me 30 € for two nights for my daughter, I was pissed off and I accepted to avoid arguments, after we checked in I went down again to ask for other details and I met the owner of the hotel "Yohan" which i tried to explain to him my situation and he was rude with me, when I approached him with "my friend" which is a normal expression that some people use, he said i am not your friend and this is the room we have and he cannot do anything and he ended up the discussion, gain I did not want to spoil my family's time with any argument. I decided to call booking.com and they were very helpful and took my side and decided to refund me the extra money that I paid for my daughter.
Hotel is near cable car, clean and neat, rooms are also clean, shower in room is nice, breakfast was good and you can take some for lunch. Zell am see card they provide - which I had to ask for it since it's included in my reservation - is really a good saver for cable cars and other activities in town. We did not get our welcome drink as mentioned in our reservation.
All in all it's a very good hotel, but Mr. Yohan has to be more welcoming and know how to deal with his guests.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Hadi K

Reviewed 9 July 2017

The Alpine Resort hotel for me is a great place to stop if your interested in walking. There are plenty of ski lifts to take you to different areas of the Schmittenhohe and with the Kaprun Summer Card the ski lifts are free. The card also gives you discounted bus journeys and free entry to the Krimmel Waterfalls and lake Zell boat tours. Back to the hotel, lovely establishment with nice views and great staff. Food was lovely and being all inclusive had a benefit when sampling the ample range of beers and wines. There's plenty to do around the Zell/Kaprun area but you need to plan carefully as the busses finish quite early so you don't want to get stuck. Great holiday!!

Room Tip: All rooms have good views, wifi only available in public areas (bar & reception)
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Just returned from a week vacation with my wife and this hotel is fantastic. Location is amazing ,minutes away from the mountain walks with amazing scenery and a 20min walk to the town of Zell am See, get the public bus back as its a 40 minute uphill walk. Staff are really pleasant , hotel is exceptionally clean and food is good with plenty of selection. The couple that own the hotel are there every day and you can see the pride and the work rate they put into the hotel. The Zell/Kaprun card that the hotel give you gets you free or almost free busses, cable cars, boat trips and into all the top attractions. Will return.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2017

This is a lovely hotel in a superb location. 3 uplifts in the morning right outside the boot room. Our room was lovely with an unexpected balcony and a fabulous view of the pistes. Breakfast was great and dinner was perfectly adequate, but not always to our taste. This is personal and not a reflection of the quality of food. The bar area was lovely and both bar staff we encountered were delightful and always willing to try any new cocktail mix we requested. The spa (and again this is personal) was a bit small but we were very fortunate that the hotel wasn't busy, so was never a problem for us. It's quite a hike to the centre of town, but after a day on slopes we were very happy to settle down in the bar in front of the lovely roaring fire. The slopeside location would definitely make us stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor - excellent and good view of the pistes.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2017

A modern luxurious hotel, in a perfect location, and family run. A very welcoming place.
The location is fantastic. Skiing is to the very door of the boot room. One minutes ski to the ski lifts and to the ski schools meeting point. Choice of two ski shops within two minutes walk.
The beginners/warm up slope is also immediately outside the door .
A walk up from the centre of the village will get you fit - takes 35 minutes. There is a bus during the day.
Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the folk running the hotel.
The food was excellent and swift service saw us out on the first lift of the morning after breakfast.
The wellness area has all the things expected of a top end hotel.
Everywhere was immaculately clean.
The holiday was superb.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have beautiful alpine style wood balconies
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends