See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2015

This was a cheap and cheerful trip for a week to lovely Mayrhofen. Unfortunately the cheerful bit was lacking in the hostess! The B&B is located close to town, 5 minute walk. It is a charming looking building and very well maintained. There is a lovely garden to the front with a lovely natural plunge pool. There is no bar and a small sitting area at the end of the dining room.As with this type of property there is no lift. The rooms are a good size and the bathroom is small but spotless. The mattress weren't great at all, blankets were placed under one to prop it up. Breakfast was fine. Elizabeth was very efficient but not the most friendly. The beds and friendliness are important to me that is why I have given a low rating. Mayrhofen is great, do go but maybe stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

Myself & my boyfriend have just got back from staying here for a week. We booked this hotel via an event called Snowbombing as the complete price was suitable for us. It is of typical Austrian style, but always very clean & comfortable.

The rooms are well equipped with TV, safe, hair dryer, and plenty of storage space. Austrain twin beds (double bed frame with 2 single mattresses & duvets). For those who need it, there is also a storage area on the ground floor for ski's & boots etc with separate entrance so you don't have to bring it all through reception.

Breakfast is served each morning from 7.30 and consisted of a selection of breads, honey, jams, cereals, yoghurts, meats & cheeses. You could also request to have eggs cooked if you wished. Plenty of choice to keep you going & the staff were always very friendly & welcoming.

We never had time to use the sauna whilst we were there but there are plenty of areas to relax in both inside & out. There is no bar but lots of choice in the town itself.

The hotel is located just outside the town but close enough to be able to walk to & from in 10-15 mins. There is a ski bus stop along the road outside the hotel which we didn't use as we were happy to walk to the Ski lift station. I'd allow about 20mins walk with carrying ski equipment!

Overall I'd be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heidi K
Reviewed 25 March 2015 via mobile

Nice stay. Well maintained building and overall it was spotless. Located on the edge of mayerhofen it is lovely and quiet with only a minutes walk to the nearest bars. Breakfast is simple but nice. I would definitely stay again as very reasonably priced.

Stayed: March 2015
1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 2 February 2015

I stayed at the Almhof for two weeks in January. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! Elisabeth and her staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical European style, but with an excellent selection of breads, cheese, meats, cereals and fruit/yogurt, etc. The bedroom was spacious and had a huge balcony (corner room). The shower stall was a little small, but was not an issue for me, might be a bit annoying for a larger person.

The hotel is situated just down the street from the town centre, which was nice as it offered beautiful views of the mountains and town. There is a skibus stop just outside the hotel (line D) and line A and line C are a very short walk away. It's less than 10 minutes walk (with ski boots on!) to the train station where all the buses stop for other destinations outside of Mayrhofen. I'm sure you can also take the skibus to the train station, but I didn't bother as I don't mind walking.

There is a small gym in the basement and sauna too. I did not use the sauna as it's only open from 4pm-7pm and I found myself out most days at that time, but it did check it out and it looked nice.

Overall the Almhof is an excellent choice for a stay in Mayrhofen. The location is great, as it's just on the edge of town, so very quiet and picturesque, yet close enough to be in town within 5 minutes. I was a solo traveler and felt very safe and welcomed at the Almhof. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I had a corner room with a massive balcony....too cold to really enjoy though. Would be great in the spring/summer!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank jenmeli
Reviewed 30 January 2015

Spent a wonderful week here with my wife and three sons. The hotel arranged one double and one triple room with connecting balcony - very convenient. The rooms are good sized typical Austrian Garni rooms with extra sofa bed and side table and chairs. TV in rooms but only BBC World Service in English. Free WiFi but rather slow. Fantastic sauna area in the basement including proper Finnish sauna, steam bath, infrared bath and solarium as well as an exercise area - frankly over the top for this standard of hotel, but I have seen similar.
The landlady is very friendly and helpful with plenty of advice about Mayrhofen and tales of her family - if you can speak german!
The breakfast is a cold buffet of standard quality - I would have liked to have been offered eggs but otherwise very good.
The hotel is 200 meters north of Mayrhofen - an easy walk to the town and lifts but the ski bus stops at the next door hotel (St Josephs)

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family