Review Highlights

We loved it here

Reviewed 12 September 2014
dantin06
Atlanta, ga

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 January 2018

Stayed 3 nights here while touring several beaches in Panama, excellent staff, very helpful with directions and activity suggestions. We enjoyed evenings around the pool after our daily excursions to beautiful beaches in the area.
Excellent, nourishing home cooked breakfast included each morning. Rooms are clean, large, and well maintained.

1  Thank liturner50
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

We have stayed twice at the Pedasi Sports Club. Both times we have been very happy there. Service is excellent and we love the breakfast each morning! Very friendly! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 28 June 2015

Good location in Pedasi with nice staff, completely revamped diving operation with good equipment for rent. Basic but comfortable rooms.

1  Thank mdfloyd322
Reviewed 23 September 2014

they will take you out diving, fishing, snorkeling, whale watching, and other day activities. Lots of things to do in the area besides sports. Also lots of festivals, parades and cultural activities. Highly recommend

Reviewed 12 September 2014

We loved the experience we had at the Pedasi Sports Club. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon check in was easy, we also arranged for our two adventures, horseback riding, fishing and snorkeling trip. Ruben is the general manager there and he spoiled us the whole time we stayed. Weekdays were quiet and peaceful. Ruben arranged for our horseback riding trip, and personally escorted us as our translator and second guide. It was an awesome trip thru the country including through rivers and lasted a good four hours, led by a real cowboy. It's truly authentic here.
Our fishing and snorkel trip was fantastic. No liability waivers, no ten minute instructional video, just real authentic panama fishing trip in a skiff boat with two rods. To my husbands delight, he caught 7 yellow fin tuna and 5 Bonita. Then we snorkeled and ate our packed lunch. Ruben met us in the beach to drive us back to the club. On the way he dropped our fish off for cleaning. We decided with the seven tasty tuna to have a party in honor of my husbands birthday. We and with Rubens help invited everyone we had met and opened the restaurant and had a party. Great memories. The accommodations are simple and there is plenty of hot water. We will come back with our kids.

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Wanted to go diving but no dive master was present. Had some business to do in Chitre for a couple of days. Seems like the dive shop is only open during high season. Went to lovely Kerri (Pacific Paradise) Dive shop instead. To contact her ask at tour desk in Pedasi opposite of the supermarket.

1  Thank ckoenig2014
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife and I contacted Bobby via internet and explained our goals, while we were in Panama City. Bobby tailored a package to our needs. His manager, Ruben, drove to Panama City and personally saw to our needs. It is a 4 to 5 hour drive from Panama City to Pedasi. We were present during Carnival and participated in the Pageant of the Queens, which was outstanding. Our horseback riding, seeking to watch the turtles lay their eggs (we ended up rescuing a 4 year old male turtle that was in distress) and diving Isla de Iguana were experiences we shall long remember. This is the Pacific! Vis is variable, along with the currents and thermals. NOT CARRIBEAN DIVING! If you are prepared, you will enjoy it. Afterwards, Ruben and his wife, Cassie, drove us back to Panama City to continue our adventure. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!

2  Thank Dennis3851
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Went diving with the Pedasi Sports Club twice. Very professional staff, well organized - giving us a quick refresher in the hotels pool. The dive was from a small boat, modified to take tanks. Three out of the four dives were good- it's not Belize - but the visability is OK and managed to see plenty of things including turtles, eels, shark, lobster and plenty of reef fish. Frustrated that the singing whales and dolphins could not be seen!.

The last dive the current was a little to strong and visibility was poor. You get about an hour between dives - enough time to explore Isla Iguana (ca. 20 min walk) and relax on the white sand beach. They bring some refreshments - as nothing is available on the island. Remember to bring 10$ "park fee" if you want to use the beach.

If your in the area, its worth the effort to dive here.

2  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My husband and I spent 2 days diving with them- to both Isla Iguana and Isla Frailes. Ruben was great and we really liked our dive master, James. Don't expect anything too fancy- the boat is just a normal fishing boat and not specially equipped for diving like in some places. But it was a very professional operation and I felt very comfortable diving with them. The visibility wasn't great but we still had fun and saw both white tipped sharks and a spotted eagle ray at Isla Frailes. Our divemaster was also very conscientious about picking up litter in the water, including empty beer bottles and fishing line/hooks left behind. I was also nervous to dive Isla Frailes since I thought it would beyond my experience level but the divemaster said he thought I could do it and he did a good job of making sure I was comfortable on that dive. And it turned out to be great!

My only very minor complaints were that we weren't really told what to look for before we got in the water and we didn't go over any of the signals for sea life or diving in general. I like when the divewater gives you a preview of what to look for underwater and also reminds you of the hand signals he uses since that sometimes varies from place to place. We also didn't realize that we'd be out in the boat until like 4 pm when we went to Isla Iguana. We were told there would be snacks but there was just one canister of potato chips and I was starving since we'd arrived at the dive shop around 9:15 but didn't get back on land to each lunch until basically dinner time! I also get a little nauseous from diving and I like to have a bit of light food. Some fruit would have been nice. You may want to bring your own snack. But really, those complaints are so minor and we were very happy overall with our experience. I highly recommend them for diving.

2  Thank Jem86
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We used the sports club for a trip to Isla Iguana for diving and snorkeling. The staff was great and worked well with us. Unfortaunately, the conditions didn't cooperate. Visibility was only about 10 feet and it was the strongest current I have felt. I think there is good potential, but our dive only lasted 20 minutes due to the current. The dive master was great working with my sister and her kids in tough conditions.

Ruben at the shop was very nice and gave us a discount since we only did one dive instead of 2. The The dive shop is nice but not as equipped as other places I have been. No dive computers,just depth gauges.

Another word of caution, this area has very large tidal swings. We were stuck on our surface interval waiting for the tide to come in. We also tried to snorkel and at low tide we got stuck on the coral. Be aware of the tides, it affects all water sports and trips to the beach.

2  Thank turtle722