All reviewspuerto escondidogreat ocean viewsvery attentive staffprivate beachan adventurepedasi areanice poolisla iguanapoolspanamaparadiselandscapecookadministrationflowrelaxation
Reviewed 4 February 2011

We had such a wonderful time staying here. The pool was wonderful, so nice after a day on the beach! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I have been to many hotels in my world wide travels, Hans and his staff made this
" BOUTIQUE HOTEL " THE most hospitiable one I have ever stayed in

A.C
Pelagic 440

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 25 January 2011

The first time I came here was with friends from out of town and we all loved it. Cesar and Lucy, the managers, were wonderful. Very attentive! The owner, Hans, was very nice and very accomodating. We stayed for 2 nights and on one of the days we went to Isla Iguana for the day and they arranged the boat for us. The food was good as well, my only complaint was that the food options were limited. Even though what they served was good, there wasnt a lot of variety. I loved it so much, I actually came back a week later with a different group of friends. We stayed both times in villa 2 which is the only one with a hammock. Its a perfect spot and good if you have more than a couple and dont all want to be in the same room. This villa has a seperate bedroom and living area. There are 2 pools, a swimming one, and a chillin pool for wading and drinking a glass of wine. The second time I came we brought a cooler full of snacks and lunch items. It was a lot better that way. Also we brought our own wine and paid a corking fee of $5 dollars at the restraunt. It was cheaper for us in the end. Also the meals are fixed price for $25 and that include appertizer, main course, and desert.

Overall wonderful place and I will definately without a doubt return!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Excellent ocean front property. Beautiful infrastructure and the service from the staff is outstanding. Have to mention César Augusto, in charge when we arrived. Personally attended by Hans, the italian owner. The final miles of road to get to all the properties with ocean view, is tricky and needs definite improvement but that is a matter for the government. However, we are talking about 10 minute drive because you have to go real slow.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We stayed at Villa Romana 3 nights with two small children (8 and 2) and while the trip was a bit longer and tougher than expected (last 10 minutes of uneven and slightly steep dirt road), from the moment I set foot in the facilites I knew it was well worth it. Andres and Hans the owners are very kind and attentive without overdoing it. The rooms are very clean and confortable. The breakfast is included in th price and they have the BEST pancakes ever (sorry Mom), thick and light and the service is good. Lunch is upon request but you can go to Pedasí which is close an do a bit of sight seeing. Now...dinner... Mmmm!!! Mmmmm!! Good!! while it is not included and while we only planned to eat there the first night , we ended up dining there every night. They have choices of 2 or 3 main courses and just for example one night we had Causa Limeña (delicious) to start with, then yellow fin tuna with a side of potatoes and salad and Rum cake with ice cream for dessert at a reasonable price. They also have kids choices.
The service is kind and attentive and the staff is well trained. On that regard I have to say I found there 2 absolute jewels of customer service: Lucy and Francisco, they are the best, always making sure we were confortable, helping any way they could or were asked, since our boys are quite active all this help and kindness was much appreciated. Nothing but good things to say about them.
Long story short: Villa Romana is a good place to stay and relax.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family