“Everything else in ton was closed, lucky for us!”

Buglin' Bull Restaurant and Sports Bar
Ranked #12 of 51 Restaurants in Custer
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family-friendly restaurant and sports bar located downtown Custer, SD. New upper deck open in 2012. Large menu has something for everyone in the family - delicious sandwiches, best buffalo burgers in the Black Hills, salads, wraps, pizza, pasta, steaks and vegetarian entrees. Our chef specializes in South Dakota wild game including buffalo, elk, walleye and pheasant. Catch your favorite team in action in our sports bar and enjoy a great lunch or dinner in our restaurant featuring a full bar and an excellent selection of microbrews and wines. Kitchen open from 11 am to 10 pm during the summer.
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Good little restaurant (above average). Ended up here my accident, but turned out great. Very good burgers and solid onion rings. Would come back.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 11 November 2017

We stopped in while in the area due to some flight training. I had a caesar salad with some salmon added. It was a good size portion and was made with good fresh lettuce. The clam chowder was hot and tasty as well. The other folks I was with enjoyed their meal as well. The service was good with minimal wait. My meal was about $15 without tax or tip. This was one of 3 places the folks out at the airport recommended.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 7 November 2017

If you are a meal lover and want good craft beer to go with it, this is the place the eat while in Custer! Can get very crowded around dinner time - be patient, its worth the wait!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

I absolutely had the best experience here! I had the best server Jordan who was kind, friendly and efficient! I wasn't that hungry so I ordered the best oriental salad! It was delicious and then got a chocolate raspberry cheesecake to go! Amazing! I can't say enough about the outstanding food and service here! It was an unexpected surprise and I recommend the Bugling Bull to anyone in the Custer area! I loved it!!!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Walked to dinner, from our motel down the street, arrived and a waiting line at the door was about 15 minutes. got seated then attempted to order drinks. Waiter came over and asked if we were ready to order dinner.We said we do not have menus and would like to order drinks first. He seemed annoyed but took our drink order and disappeared, came back to our area about 10 minutes later and said our drinks,(which was all beers) was coming. We waited another 10 minutes,no beers, I got up walked into the bar, in the adjacent room and asked another waitress if we could get some drinks in the next room.Explaining the circumstances she apologized and said she would see what was going on. After another 10 minute delay , we simply got up and walked out

Date of visit: July 2017
Buglin B, Owner at Buglin' Bull Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hello, it is disheartening to learn about the service that was provided to you during your visit. All staff members are trained to be as professional, efficient, and welcoming as possible, and greatly apologize that it did not come across that way to you. Customer service that is not provided to its full potential is unacceptable and will be addressed immediately, so it would mean a lot to us if you could email us at info@buglinbull.com and let us know the date and time that this occurred. I would like to assure you that this is certainly an isolated occurrence, and not a representation of how we normally operate as a business. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again as we would love to restore your confidence in us!

Been to Buglin' Bull Restaurant and Sports Bar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK