1,281 results
All reviews warehouse district convention center basketball court wwii museum front desk bedroom suite full kitchen french quarter the breakfast area cochon breakfast staff morning breakfast free breakfast living area outlet mall few blocks nice courtyard
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My stay was excellent. I stayed for about a month & it was everything I needed. One of the attendants, Don H. was extremely helpful & accommodating in response to any questions/requests. They have washers/dryers, 24 hour access gym, a courtyard with basketball, volleyball, & tennis (all of which they provide balls/equipment for). kitchens come stocked with most things you'll need to make a meal (other than ingredients/spices of course). And if there's something they don't have, just ask & they may provide you with it. The parking lot was just across from my side entrance so I felt perfectly at home. Lots of dining/drinking options in walking distance so this is a great location. I'd recommend Auction house market, Peche, Meril, WINO, & El patio. Also, there's a park not too far that makes for a nice surprise. Rental bikes not too far as well if you'd prefer that transit option. The hotel also does free drinks at a certain time (I was never able to take advantage because I was working). They even had a free food truck one night. This is an excellent spo. If you're considering, I wouldn't look any further.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Located in the Warehouse District of New Orleans, this hotel has a lot of flair. It is perfect for families as it has a backyard with a tennis and basketball court, outdoor swimming pool, plenty of seating, and nice background music. Louisiana Children's Museum is 2 minutes of walking distance - such a great place to spend a rainy day in!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Camille H, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Perfect Hotel for Families,

Thank you for staying here with us at the New Orleans Downtown Residence Inn. We greatly appreciate the feedback. When your travels bring you back to the area it will be our pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Outstanding Hotel. Right down the street from the WWII Museum which is a must see while visiting New Orleans, just make sure you allocate 3 to 4 Hrs for the Museum.

Breakfast at the hotel was great. Duane was one of most helpful people there and treated you like family.

Growing up in New Orleans, it was nice to come home for a visit and play tourist.

Bryan

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Home Trip to see family,

Thank you for your stay here with us at the New Orleans Downtown Residence Inn. We greatly appreciate your feedback. When your travels bring you back to the area it will be our pleasure.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Great location near the convention center and outlet mall. Within walking distance to the French quarter. Excellent amenities and very kind and helpful staff. Free drinks and food on certain nights was a bonus.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Camille H, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Katherine W,
Thank you for staying here with us at the New Orleans Downtown Residence Inn. We greatly appreciate the feedback. When your travels bring you back to the New Orleans area it will be our pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Buyer beware! I was attending a conference in March 2018. I booked for and PREPAID FOR ONE NIGHT in January 2018! As a result of a flight delay I would not be arriving until almost midnight. Out of curtesy, I called to advise flight delayed four hours and although it would be midnight I would still be arriving. I was assured this was not a problem and my account would be marked as such. When I arrived at midnight I was completely baffled as why I was told “I am sorry, we do not have a room for you. No worries, we have booked you a room across town and called a cab”. Excuse me, I verified room 8 hours prior. You had my contact information and you wait until I arrive on the doorstep. As I sat waiting for the cab, confused exhausted and angry another woman came in behind me, yes ma’am we have your room. What?!?!?! How was my room given away but not even a first come first serve approach on a paid room.

On three consecutive days I attempted to reach customer service. The first day I hung after 32 minute hold, the second attempt I waited 48 minutes on hold, the third 38 minutes . I was at a conference so I missed this time trying to assure my reservation. I was assured that someone would contact me and explain what had happened from customer service within 48 hours, that was 72 hours ago. I have tweeted @Marriot to be told they have made it up to me when the “executive team at the hotel spoke to you. They gave you an amenity gift and upgraded your room”.

NO ONE except the young lady at the front desk spoke to me. Executive team?! The amenity gift was a bottle of wine, Hersey bar and a bag of nuts. The wine is given to EVERY guest in the hotel during happy hour. The room upgrade was another room and bathroom. I am one person in New Orleans for a conference. Why would I need two bedrooms and two bathrooms?!? How is this helpful or make up for the inconvenience they caused?

I needed to get up earlier than planned to bring luggage back across town before my conference. The “free breakfast” was served after I had to get out of the hotel to move my luggage before my 7 am meeting but every clerk mentioned it.

The hotel they sent me to had garbage under the bed, another Marriot and interestingly the lotion on counter was empty. Was the room even cleaned?

I would not recommend if you want to be sure you actually have a room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

BAH715,
Thank you for staying with us at the New Orleans Downtown Residence Inn. We greatly appreciate the feedback. When your travels bring you back to the area it will be our pleasure to serve you again.