“Hidden Gem in the French Quarter”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #61 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My husband and I spent 1 night at the Hotel St. Marie at the end of May and were delighted with our stay there. We have stayed at the Hotel St. Marie at least once or twice a year for about 10 years and have always had a great experience. Our courtyard room was fresh, clean, and comfortable and quiet..and a bargain at 89.00.....We were happy to see that the bar, cafe and restaurant have reopened as, "Vacherie". The bar had a nice little happy hour and the bartender was pleasant and efficient. The front desk staff were very friendly.....We ate breakfast in the restaurant and I had a delicious plate of greek yogurt with honey, walnuts and all kinds of fresh fruits for $6...really 2 people could have shared it and my husband had a typical 2 egg breakfast that was served hot...the restaurant staff were very pleasant as well....The only slight problem we had involved the valet when we first arrived....(we did arrive early before 10)....however we have always done this and parked the car and checked our luggage at the front desk and wandered around until our room was ready later in the day and never had a problem) The valet was unpleasant and not happy that we had arrived early and gave us a hard time about parking the car....he finally relented and took the car...but we were made very uncomfortable about this...........maybe he was just stressed.... again this was the first time in 10 years that this happened....... We did take an afternoon dip in the pool and it was cool and the setting is beautiful.....but it did need to be cleaned......Hotel St. Marie is a great comfortable and safe place to stay with a great location right off Bourbon....I look forward to returning to this special hotel

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the 3rd floor or below....check website for rates and choose a courtyard room wit...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gulfcoastgirl_8

Reviewed 31 May 2012

this was my second trip to N.O. and this lodging was a "10"...so close to Bourbon St. yet so quiet. The decor, courtyard and room was very.very nice.Staff so very friendly and helpful.Both the cafe and restaurant food was excellent. The restaurant dessert was "to die for" especially the peach cobbler and buttermilk pie(first time for tasting this) and had it twice. My dream would to return for a 3rd visit to N.O and staying here would be the utlimate to complete this dream

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean B
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed a couple of days at Hotel St. Marie. This is a smaller, older hotel but I would stay here again. The location was great! The staff was very friendly, check-in uneventful and it was reasonably priced!! You can certainly tell that this place could use a bit of remodeling but it was clean. The lighting is really bad, hard to get ready to go out with the lighting that is offered! Small TUBE TV, but we never had the TV on so it didn't matter.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebbieCincinnaitOhio
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My daughter and I spent three nights at the Hotel St. Marie in New Orleans and it was a very pleasant experience. Our room was very large, hotel staff was very accommodating and any dealings with them was pleasant. Location in the French Quarter is wonderful, and price was great. Will definitely stay at the Hotel St. Marie on future trips to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank suevindianapolis
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My friends and I rented three rooms in this hotel, and our room was definitely the worst of the three, so they might have a sightly higher rating. That said, this was one of the worst hotel rooms that I've ever visited. We had a room with two queen beds. The room was very, very dark with just one small window (and no view). There was an awful smell throughout the weekend. Also, the room was located next to the service elevator, so we were startled awake a few times during our stay.

I also had an extra charge on my credit card after check-out, which I had to call the hotel to sort out the following week. In the end the charge was removed, but it was an extra hassle.

The only plus for me was the location... but there are lots of hotels in this area and I will certainly try a different spot on my next trip to New Orleans.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends