The location is great, we upgraded to an inside patio room overlooking the courtyard to stay away from the bourbon street noise and we had no problems and enjoyed access to the courtyard from our room. The beds were comfy and there was some outside noise, mostly from the staff carting dishes in the courtyard below us but we got used to it after the first morning. The room was a little snug but had everything we needed, just wished they had 2 queens instead of 2 doubles. Housekeeping was great. Concierge helped us print our boarding passes when the computer in the business center had some technical glitches. There is a coffee shop in the lobby but recommend that you go 2 steps across the street to Cafe Beignet for a cafe au lait and a beignet (the most delicious fancy funnel cake donut you'll ever taste!) They also have great sandwiches. On a side note, we found the place to be totally safe, never had any safety concerns during our trip. I just wished the hotel was on Royal St instead of Bourbon (bourbon is so loud, you take 3 steps and you're listening to diff music from another club, another 3 steps and blaring music from another place but hey - that's what you should expect on Bourbon St!)
We found the restaurant choices very 2 sided, either fancy and expensive or fried food galore. We managed to find a few great places that were middle of the road prices and great food: Napolean House (great hummus sampler and salads), my favorite was Attika Bar & Grill (great kabobs and drinks). The last night we went to Le Meritage for dinner but it was closed so we went to their connected and more casual dining called the French Quarter Bistro and the food was fabulous. Not a lot of action there on a Monday night but a very good meal for a fair price.
One down side was that we had to pay for wireless internet, $10 a day so that was a bit of downfall, seems like it should have been included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the most Authentic French Quarter Experience located on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 483 room hotel including 36 suites features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Sonesta New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel