“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Just stayed for 3 days for a conference. I got in early so my room wasn't ready yet but the bellmen took my bags and they called me 30 minutes later to pickup my key to get in. The Hotel property itself is very nice. It was nice to step into such a nice place amid all the insanity of the area.My room was on the inner courtyard and the pool area was amazing. The conference I attended had breakfast and lunch down in the courtyard. Perfect place breezy and cool and relaxing.My room as nice and COLD AC was working perfect. The bed was comfy and the extra pillows were great. They have very comfy robes and slippers that I used to really settle in. The bathroom was sizable and the soap smelled amazing. The food was STELLAR!!!! Desire is one of the restaurants I ate at several times because it was that good. OYSTERS. That is a separate review. I am not a fan of the whole Bourbon Street deal but If I had to come back to the Big Easy I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard room if you like quiet and want to get good sleep.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,285)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Farmington, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

If you don't want noise all night, don't get a balcony room. The hotel is great but fronts on Bourbon St. which is nasty and incredibly loud. I definitely would stay there again, I would just be smarter about the room location.

• Stayed September 2012
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

My husband and I live close to New Orleans, but to celebrate our anniversary we wanted to splurge a little by staying in a balcony room in the French Quarter. Since we live so close, we waited until the last minute to book a room, and I booked directly through the hotel website. I was able to print the confirmation of our balcony room, and we headed into town for our fun celebration night.

When we arrived at check-in, we were told that we were somehow able to book a room that did not exist. The hotel personnel offered no apology, simply stating that he could give us a room "upgrade" to a poolside patio room.

Maybe the "upgrade" would have been appreciated by travelers with different circumstances. I, however, was very unhappy to have spent the extra money to stay at RS in a balcony room and then to be put in a poolside room. The whole reason for choosing the hotel in the first place had been eliminated. In my opinion, the hotel is otherwise a lot like many other, less expensive places to stay in the French Quarter (as we have done on many occasions). This was my one and only stay at RS. Next time I want a balcony room, I will not even consider booking it at Royal Sonesta. Overall, it was a very disappointing stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank m0re_c0ffee_please
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Last week we were preparing to go to New Orleans for the ballgame Sunday. I called the Royal Sonesta New Orleans to check on my reservations. Well Jessica helped me. She went way over to help me, I had made reservations for one weekend with no ballgame and hadn"t made one for a weekend that had a ballgame. She is Super! Well we just got home from The Sonesta. Saturday night we were sitting one the balcony and the door handle broke, good thing my husband had his cell on him. We called down and they came and rescued us! It really was funny. The maintenance man even gave us 2 coupons for drinks!

Room Tip: If noise bothers you do not get a balcony room! Get an inside room!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ooltewah, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

All staff were great and we enjoyed our pool view room as it was very quiet (balcony/Bourdon St side can be noisy). First time visit for my customers and they were very pleased. Beautiful lobby area and the Jazz Club was outstanding!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business