We stayed here from 10/20-10/23/07.
This was my first trip to NOLA and I wanted to stay close to "the action" so I selected this hotel since it was on Bourbon. I was very surprised by how quiet the interior of the hotel was despite the noise of Boubon Street merely steps away. It was a clean, large room with a comfortable bed and nice bathroom. It was a very nice hotel in an area that can be pretty dirty and run down.
We stayed in a pool balcony room. Honestly, the balcony doesn't have chairs or private space and this was a waste of money in my opinion. I was between that and a side street balcony and I woudn't have bothered with that either. I was also torn between here and the Omni Royal and based on passing by that hotel, in the future I would stay at the Omni.
The worst part of our trip at the Sonesta was the family with a 6 year old in the room next to us. After a Saturday nite out on the town, I was flabbergasted and angry with how the family had no problem with their child out on the balcony screaming at 7 am - this after them playing loudly at 6:30 am in the room and stuggling to open the adjoining door to our room. The rudeness of people on vacation still astounds me. We were happy to HEAR them check out a few hours later.
We had a nice time in NOLA despite being there during the torrential rainstorm and subsequent flooding. I enjoyed Felix's oyster house (esp compared to acme which is highly over rated) and Emeril's NOLA. I was very disappointed in Emeril's Delmonico - I hav had much better steaks at Sullivans or Capital Grill, esp considering the prices. Mothers was worth the trip. We dined twice in Desire, the Sonesta's restaurant and the food was very good - it is worth trying for lunch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the most Authentic French Quarter Experience located on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 483 room hotel including 36 suites features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Sonesta New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel