2,678 results
All reviewscanal streetpelican bargreat locationfrench quarterclub roomfloor numberlobby barfloor to ceiling windowsgreat view of the riverhigh floorlarge hotelwithin walking distancemardi grasfew blocksharrah's casinovalet parkingper day
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Great spot. Walking distance to 'the strip'
Huge hotel. Reasonably organized
Parking EXPENSIVE
Room didn't feel totally clean. Huge party town so it must be very demanding on housekeeping staff.
No outside noise. BUT, could hear elevators whooshing AND noise through interconnecting door and people walking and talking in the hall way.
Not much more than a bed and a shower I'm afraid. Bed was very comfortable though
Small window too

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip W
SheratonNO, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that our location worked well for you. Our valet parking fee, while seemingly expensive, is in line with our competition. Although difficult to determine from your post we assume your room must have been near the elevator landing and apologize if the noise disturbed you but hopefully our amazingly comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds made it easy to sleep regardless.

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Fantastic location, great staff, and updated rooms and lobby area -- a very nice hotel and pleasant business trip. Loved the Starbucks in the lobby and free wifi for SPG members who book on their website. Nice conference facilities. Overall a great stay!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for this wonderful review and we are happy if were able to make your business trip a little more pleasurable with our prime location, warm staff and comfortable rooms. We do hope to host you again.

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

The hotel was about what you expect of a Sheraton. The lobby was spacious and clean with a nice bar. The room was comfortable and clean.

I was very disappointed with the quality of service. My family of 4 arrived at about 5pm on a busy Saturday evening and was told our room was not ready. I was also not given an estimate as to when the room would be ready. I left my cell number and was told I would be called when we could get into a room. At 7pm and checked back and was told my room was done, but I had never been called.

I have spent much of my adult life traveling around the world and have stayed in plenty of busy hotels. Whenever my room has not been ready that late in the evening, I have been offered vouchers for drinks at the bar or my valet parking has been waived. The staff at the Sheraton did nothing in the way of acknowledging the inconvenience to my family. I would have been happy with some complimentary chocolate milk for my kids.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Christian T

Thank you for your review. We are happy the facilities met your expectations but apologize for the clear lack of service on our part. That is not typically how we deal with guests and your comments have been brought to the attention of our Director or Front Office, Daniel Ader, that he may use them as a training opportunity for his staff that no other guests experience similar issues. We do hope we have the privilege of a return visit and redeem ourselves to you.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

I really did not have a good time here. I think the most positive thing I could say about this place is that its central, so it is a pretty good location. I also do believe that the rooms are fairly nice.

I am certain this hotel is understaffed, nothing else could explain the huge lack of organization in such a major hotel. Upon arrival the hotel had given away my room despite having called in earlier that day to re confirm that my room would be ready for me. I was told that for $100 off my entire stay they would be moving me onto a pull out couch in a meeting style room on a high floor. The room was quite nice however was less than adequate for sleep. It was late by the the time I arrived, Around 12:30am. Less than pleased that they gave away my room I went up, only to find that there were no blankets or pillows. it was 2am by the time housekeeping arrived, after I phoned complaining that I was not able to get to sleep.

Staff were short and rude. The hotel turned my key off and told me that I was supposed to be check out, then argued with me about it even when I had my original reservation to show them. You can't get any help from the front desk unless you stand in a very disorganized "line" at the front that can take hours because they are not using a first come first serve system. I could go on however there were so many little things that made this a bad experience, you get the idea.

Don't get me started about their "restaurant / bar" - I will save this for a separate review.

I hope this helps and from one reviewer to another suggest you try elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael G

Thank you for your review. Our wonderful location and great facilities clearly cannot make up for the service failures you encountered. Your review has been forwarded to affected department heads for further investigation and staff coaching. Again we apologize that we made your stay less than pleasant but hope we have the opportunity to host you again so that you will see that is not typical of our service.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Back in town for an annual conference.

The room and bathroom were clean, and the bed was comfortable.

I asked for a room away from the elevator, and ended up away from the elevator and opposite a busy household staff entrance, with a door that banged on each use. The noise stopped at night. Maybe I should have asked for a room away from the elevator and not near the staff door that sticks?

The bar staff was great. Unfortunately, the kitchen missed with a salad. I don't understand how a salad with black and brown leaves gets to a customer. I pointed it out to the server. The manager took it off my bill. Other food and snacks were good, but I'd avoid a salad.

Overall, this is a great hotel. Good location, helpful staff. The concierge staff recommended a Grey Line ghosts & spirits tour we all enjoyed.

We'll visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away form the elevator that isn't next to a busy staff entrance
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank sfgardener

Thank you for your review and thank you for being a return guest. We are pleased that our comfortable guestrooms and central location keep you coming back. We do apologize for the disturbance you encountered as well as the mishap with your salad but welcome the opportunity to have you has our special guest again soon.