“Excellent value - make a reservation and spend your $$ on booze, food & music!”
Review of Hotel Provincial

Hotel Provincial
Ranked #20 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights along with several other couples for a long weekend of booze, food, music, and NOLA! The hotel is located perfectly a few blocks from Bourbon Street in the quarter... it was nice and quiet. The hotel staff are very proud of this hotel and are anxious to give you some history at check in. The continental breakfast was perfect, the pool refreshing and big, and the rooms had everything that we needed. The hotel is overall a bit dated, however, this goes along beautifully with the charm of this quaint, lovely space. I will stay here again :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pgh15203
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 June 2012 via mobile

This hotel is magnificent. I have stayed at this hotel twice, both for two nights. All four nights spent at this hotel were incredible. The staff is very helpful, understanding, and comforting! They treat you as if you're the only one staying there! The rooms are really nice. I have stayed in the 300 building and 500 building!

I did have a paranormal experience. My mom, my sister, and I were in the main pool. It was around 6pm , right before a Saints game. We took a quick dip. I heard this strange ticking noise, and turned around to see a civil war soldier walking toward the lobby. I gasped and my mom turned around and saw him as well. We went to the lobby immediately afterwards and they confirmed of no man. I Google's what I saw, and many people have seen him around the hotel. It was definitely an experience!! Love everything about this hotel, and will return!! :)

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank laurennicoled
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the Hotel Provincial in the French Quarter. Very courteous staff, very clean and well located in New Orleans. Close to the French Market, Jackson Square, the Old Mint, Cafe Du Monde and Bourbon Street. The pool can be noisy until 10 PM when it closes. Irene's, a wonderful restaurant, is next door.

Room Tip: If pool noise bothers you, ask for a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Walt53
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I reserved a room for Jazz fest nearly a year in advance. Our room was in a separate building through the parking lot, which was fine, but no one ever mentioned it in advance. I was told that the entire property had just been completely renovated, but our bathroom must have been the exception. Finally, the breakfast was a little disappointing, but pretty adequate. On a positive note, the location was perfect-in the quarter but far from Bourbon Street, the staff was very helpful, the beds were quite good, and the property is lovely. Didn't get to eat or drink at Stella (the hotel restaurant) but it looked very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank traveler578
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I have stayed at the Provincial at least three times now over a period of roughly 10 or more years. This trip to New orleans I inadvertently had to stay in three different hotels, the Provincial, Westin and the Dauphine. The Provincial remains my favorite. Some things may be slightly dated, but not much. The service each time I am there is wonderful and the rooms around the courtyard are relaxing and the location is perfect. In my book you just can't beat it for value, atmosphere and location. Had it had openings over the weekend that is were we would have spent most of our time. I love the Provincial!

Room Tip: I think that the rooms around the central courtyard are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business