All reviewshoneymoon suitebourbon streetfrench quartertoulouse streetcookie cutterantique furniturechain hotelssitting roomold world charmunique hotelprivate balconymodern conveniencesmini fridgecoffee makerthe location is perfecthalf blockexposed brick
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Any time we stay in New Orleans I try to stay somewhere authentic to the area. This place did not disappoint in that aspect! The staff was extremely polite and helpful. We stayed in a two bedroom suite that was very spacious. It did have two bathrooms as advertised, however, there was only one shower but it was still nice to have two sinks and two toilets for the 5 of us. My main reason for the 3 stars is because the room was very musty. Like I already stated, we typically stay in the older buildings so some might feel that this is just part of it. The smell did not bother the others in my family but I do have asthma and it did affect me. That's the only reason that I'm putting this out there so that if you have a breathing issue then this might not be the place for you. If you don't and you want authentic New Orleans feel and to be close to bourbon street without all the noise then this place is great! The courtyard is very small but there is a pool. It needed to be cleaned but there were several people who did use it (we did not and my children had no desire to use it because it was not as clean as they are use to from ours).

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Absolutely loved our stay at Olivier House. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. There is a lot of character in this hotel, very quirky. Great location about half a block from Bourbon Street. $25 for parking was competitive with all the surrounding hotels. We were able to park on the street one of our two days. I loved this hotel and definitely will plan to stay again. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for four nights and loved it, the room was great. The AC kept it perfectly cool, even in the summer heat of New Orleans.

Showers were great with good water temperature and pressure. Bedding and pillows were comfortable and we enjoyed the pool, which is in a lovely courtyard with lots of lush greenery.

The main thing that really made our stay was the authentic New Orleans ambiance of the restored building and the helpful staff. If you don't like 180 year old architecture or antiques then you should stay at one if the generic hotels instead. However for people who want something different I would highly recommend the Oliver House Hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Before I booked the room, I read a lot of reviews. After reading review after review espousing what a great place it is, I almost worried I might go there expecting too much and be disappointed! I need not have worried. In all ways, it more than surpassed what I was hoping for.
The whole place has such a cool, old world feel about it. It feels much more like a quaint old European style hotel than the usual "cookie cutter" hotels that plague American cities. I guess the big sterile chain hotels have their place. I don't mean to sound elitist, but maybe not everyone gets the "authentic experience" idea. The review entitled "Birthday Visit" made me realize that the Oliver House is not for everyone. Some people feel more comfortable in a more generic or standard hotel. If as that reviewer said, you wish to order food (in New Orleans?), need a big elevator, a security guard, think the outside halls in an authentically renovated historic property should be air conditioned or think that it is a negative thing that the hotel has a fan (along with an iron, ironing board and hairdryer) in the closet, then the Oliver House is definitely not for you.
As for me, I can't wait to go back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jürgen v
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel, but it feels like a home. (If you have difficulty with stairs, be sure to request a ground floor room, since the elevator is tiny -- I mean *really* tiny.)
I loved our second floor room. It was a balcony queen -- we didn't spring for the suite, and we didn't need it. The room was huge, and lovely. The hotel is so close to Bourbon Street and the heart of the French Quarter that we stopped back in frequently, but we never had any issues with noise. I will definitely try to stay here on my next visit.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple