“Great breakfast place”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The wait was long but well worth it. Great salty and sweet dishes. French toast is massive, Nice boudin.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Let me save you a trip. Can't get carry out here; Steins offers carry out, has a busier kitchen and a great selection. Just down the street on Magazine St.

1  Thank James B
Reviewed 5 September 2017

The food was really great; my boyfriend got the avocado, cheese, crab omelet, and I got one of the specials, an egg bake with andouille sausage, etc. The biscuit it came with was amazing; maybe one of the best I've had. It was huge and very moist. We both got the iced coffee, which had a cinnamon flavor, but didn't come sweetened. I loved it.

We came for breakfast on a Sunday around 9 am and were able to get a table right away. The place was full by the time we left. The service was excellent and friendly. They even have a water cooler just outside. The decor was colorful and bright, perfect for the restaurant.

I would gladly go back and would strongly recommend Surrey's to others.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

The staff and service is quick and very friendly. We had breakfast there. The juice was top notch! Thought scrambled eggs were a bit dry. Potatoes were good, but had a kick (not for me). My wife very much enjoyed what she had which I don't recall right now. There was a wait to get in, and it's small so if it's raining, dress accordingly. Would suggest to give it a try.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Banana Fosters was out of this world and the biscuit/gravy was pretty good as well. Low key restaurant but quick and fantastic service. Totally worth it.