“Full of both locals and tourists for good reason”

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 66 Dessert in New Orleans
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Yummy. The Cannoli are exceptional (one of the best I’ve ever eaten).
My son said the gelato was fantastic. A great place to break after an afternoon at the park (20 minute walk away)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband loves their eclairs and cannolis, but my heart belongs to the gelato! Get the lemonade and strawberry mixed :)

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I had this on my radar but didn’t know if we could make it there. We picked a dinner spot that was right down the street. I looked up and figured it was fate saying “get in here and eat some gelato!!!”

My husband and I tasted two kinds of gelato and chose to share a cup of pistachio almond. It was so flavorful and creamy. There were small pieces of nuts in the gelato. My husband usually does not like this but he found it pleasant.

The atmosphere is comfortable. It’s a friendly neighborhood feel mixed with a cozy Italian market/bakery setting.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Angelo Brocato wasn't known best for ice cream by my family but for some of the best tasting pastries in the neighborhoods. Sundays were for stopping at the McShane Place store for a dozen of the best cannolis in the world and the tastiest glazed donuts a kid could have on any day.
Personally, the day I discovered Brocato's PINEAPPLE ICE CREAM, I thought I had entered heaven. Most places only sold pineapple sherbet but nobody else sold it in ice cream. Now, it's Sunday and I want a cannoli.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

If you're looking for a traditional (and they don't get more traditional here being in business for over 100 years now!!) then Angelo Brocato's is the place to go. They had traditional Italian pastry as well as gelatos and other types of ice-creams and cakes. The cappuccino is the best and the service is very friendly. It gets very crowded in the evenings after 7pm but is quiet say in the morning.