All reviews front porch hot tub royal street french quarter b bs home away from home within walking distance philip rsc nola charm
Reviewed 2 February 2017

First, the hosts, Phillip and David are warm and helpful and very interesting to talk with. Just great people. The house has all the character you could want, but is also very comfortable. We enjoyed the authentic, historic feel and the porches are great. Last, the location is ideal. You can easily walk to the French Quarter, or take Uber for around $5. But the neighborhood you are in is better than the Quarter. Frenchmen St., about three blocks away, is the place to be at night, the jazz clubs are the best and there's a lot less of the frat-boy vibe that you get in some parts of the Quarter (Bourbon St.) And right in the neighborhood are some wonderful places to drink/dine. I cannot imagine ANY hosts being more helpful - Phillip had a map waiting for us when we arrived with all his favorite places marked. David was a fascinating conversationalist, with lots of stories and info about NOLA.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2016

The Royal Street Courtyard is an amazing B&B. The neighbourhood itself is amazing. I felt safe to walk even after one (or several) big nights out on the street on my own. It is located about 5 minutes walking distance away from Frenchman Street and 15-20 minutes away from the heart of the French Quarters. So it is a quiet neighbourhood day and night; with friendly neighbours who walked by the front porch daily.

The place itself definitely has its charms and the bed was comfortable to sleep in. The breakfast was good, but coffee is better!

However, the main attraction to me for the place is the owners! Phillip and David are amazing and super friendly hosts. Phillip corresponds quickly with bookings. My flight arrived late in the evening and to my surprise, Phillip was sitting at the front porch waiting for my uber to arrive (around 11pm!!). After that, he did a quick tour with me and since he knew I wanted not to waste a night in NOLA, he gave me a map outlining places to eat and good pubs/bars to hangout before my night out on a Friday night. He also responded promptly with text and would check in with me to make sure I am having my best possible time in NOLA. David was also an amazing and I enjoyed conversation with him every morning at breakfast and chill out with a coffee at the front porch. He would share the history of the neighbourhood and the house. It was never a dull moment at breakfast!

I had a great time in NOLA, and staying at the Royal Street Courtyard B&B was a cherry on top!

- A Canadian who enjoyed breakfast on the front porch and a weekend warrior :)

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2016

best place to stay. located 5 min by walk from the Frenchman Street wich is the best place to be at night to listen good music. The owners are like family- the building makes you feel in New Orleans with a fab courtyard and history. Fab people- fab location- fab rooms.. very clean- tidy- safe...The owners tell you where to eat, what to eat and where to go.. It'S very close to the French Quarter yet not on there exactly.. which is good as it's not loud at night! but you can walk there in 10-15 min.. the are is very pretty.. in my humble opinion -better than frech quarter.. just stay there- you won't regret! ps: i travelled solo as a female -experienced nothing upsetting at all.. and if you're going to New Orleans please don't stay in a chain hotel as you're not gonna get the spirit of the city! send them an e-mail- they respond immediately - you can check the availability through the website as well as the rates- which is cheaper then you think probably..

Room Tip: room 9 is the only one that has a bathroom outside the room. but It's for your own usage only and on the same floor
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2016

This is a beautiful and cozy house...our favorite part being the room opening to a balcony where, each morning, we enjoyed coffee and breakfast while overlooking the quaint Marigny neighborhood. Also, we enjoyed drinking coffee on the porch and saying hello to all the friendly neighbors (and their pets) as they went by.

The neighborhood itself was filled with unique shops and restaurants that could have kept us busy for our entire vacation without even making the trip to the more well-known New Orleans neighborhoods. But, because it is just a 5 minute walk to Frenchmen Street and only a few more minutes into the French Quarter, we did visit these iconic locations daily.

These are all great reasons to stay at Royal Street Courtyard... but they're not the reasons we will never stay anywhere else in New Orleans. The reason is Phillip and David. Their dining and entertainment recommendations helped us to make the most of our trip. But, even more important, they made us feel instantly at home... so much so that we often spoke of "going home" at the end of the night (not back to the B&B or the hotel), and when we left we were not only sad to leave New Orleans, we were sad to leave Royal Street Courtyard and Phillip & David. 10/10

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric N
Reviewed 13 October 2016

My husband and I were having our 3rd anniversary trip to New Orleans, and we wanted to stay at a B&B that had charm, great hosts, and was near to the French Quarter. After a diligent search, we decided on the Royal Street Courtyard. I sent an email with the dates we wanted (a holiday weekend) and only a month away, so we were not sure we could get our dates. Within 5 minutes, Phillip called me, and while the four nights we wanted in the room we wanted were not available, he said he would work it out by rearranging guest. And, he did. During the month before the trip, I communicated often with Philip with questions, and he always replied promptly. We were excited about our arrival, and when we got there, we were not disappointed. The place is amazing, well-appointed, with large rooms and high ceilings, great furniture, air-conditioning, refrigerator, ceiling fan, and lots of towels and amenities in the bathroom. The garden patio with a hot tub was an extra bonus. The breakfasts had a wide variety of items, and was always well-stocked. Philip and Dave were great hosts, and anything we needed or wanted, Phillip was able to accommodate for us. He was also a wealth of information, recommendations on places to eat and see, and just fun to talk with. If you are going to New Orleans and want an amazing place to stay that has a local, historical neighborhood feel with great hosts, this is your place. LOOK NO FURTHER and don’t hesitate to book your trip. Anton and I loved our trip, and we had a great time at the Royal Street Courtyard. We will definitely be going back. Zak and Anton

Room Tip: Historical neighborhood B&B, charming, friendly hosts, near the French Quarter...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple