“2012 Spring Break”

Ashton's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I cannot begin to tell you how fabulous Ashton's is. I went with my husband and 14 year old daughter and another friend and her two daughters. We stayed 3 nights and never wanted to leave. I am reading the other reviews of how wonderful Ashtons is and all I can do is nod and remember. We parked our car and never used it again. We walked everywhere. Never took a cab to the french district, walking was safe and would recommend it. All the other reviews are right on. We occupied three rooms and all were wonderful. Breakfast - my my - my waistline needed the walk to the french quarter everyday. So yummy. If you go to New Orleans, don't even think about another place to stay - this is IT!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Dana7656
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Ashton's Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We had a great stay at Ashton's. Patrick was so accommodating and friendly, and gave great advice on things to do and places to eat. Our room (French Quarter) was small but not too small, just cozy and well-appointed. People are not joking--the sheets are INCREDIBLE. It's a funny thing to really notice, but getting into bed was a pleasure! The patio in the back is glorious in the morning with a cup of coffee and a book (and a cat that will probably attempt to sit on your lap). Breakfasts are stunning and rich. I do wish it was a little closer to the French Quarter, but it was an easy stroll if you're willing to take a little extra time. Otherwise it's about a $10 cab ride for two each way. We would happily stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank cworking
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We arrived on Monday March, 26th where Patrick greeted us at the front door. Patrick gave us a quick but informative tour of the Bed and Breakfast. I had previously advised him we were there on our honeymoon, knowing this he had arranged for a bottle of wine for us in our room. Everything was absolutely divine from the scrumptious breakfasts to the most comfortable softest bed linens. Patrick has thought of everything a guest would need when on vacation. In the general dining room we had our pick of beverages as well as snacks at any given time. The Bed and Breakfast was the perfect place to unwind at the end of the day after meandering throughout New Orleans. Sitting on the front veranda drinking wine and smoking a cigar was a plus. Patrick even had a fully stocked humidor featuring an assortment of cigars. Though some might complain about the location, I found it to be most pleasant. Who with the exception of some rowdy college students, would want to be staying in the noisy French Quarter? The B&B is located in the Esplanade District just a mile from Mid City Park. United Cab was always there within 5 minutes for pickup and the cost was only a mere $10.00 to the Quarter. I would highly recommend not renting a car when visiting New Orleans, the streets are crowded, hard to navigate, and parking is a nightmare! As for the Esplanade Districk please make sure to walk down Esplanade towards the Park. The architecure of these private homes are just as lovely as the homes located in the Garden District. On Wednesdays the Museum of Art is Free.
I cannot thank Patrick and his efficient staff enough for the fabulous time. In fact, words cannot express how this B & B is absolute perfection! This is truly the New Orleans experience.
P.S. The breakfasts were downright decadent, almost a sin to eat, you will not need to eat lunch after dining on such treats!
P.S.S. Thank you to Heather and Mark as well as Georgia and Jeff for taking us to celebrate our nuptials at Jacque Imos!

Room Tip: The Garden Disctrict room was the perfect size. If you decide to stay in the Main House this is the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MelissaInsures
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Perfectly lovely...really a perfect experience. The rooms are pretty and immaculate, the location is convenient, the breakfasts scrumptious and Patrick obliging in all requests for recommendations, directions, etc.I loved the spa tub in my room, having the many extras- bathrobes, toiletries. iron & board that make a difference. My daughter delighted in the garden cats. This was the right combination of homey and professional-- I shall return!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Grand Main House are said to be larger ...and the back side wing rooms quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank LauradeeS
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed at the Ashton's Bed and Breakfast in March and had a wonderful experience. The place is comfortable, elegant and friendly. We enjoyed the lovely courtyard. The owners Patrick and Karma went out of their way to make sure our visit was pleasant. The breakfasts they served were fantastic. The place is also clean and quiet. We have nothing but praise for Ashton's Bed and Breakfast and would highly recommend it. Two additional hosts who welcomed us were Boots and Leon.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple