“Authentic Doner Kebabs!”

Kebab
Ranked #663 of 2,019 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 12
Dining options: After-hours
Description: KEBAB is spit style doner and gyro kebab sandwichs served on fresh baked bread. Now offering wine, beer, ciders and delicious cocktails made with our specialty sodas. We offer a relaxed environment nestled along St. Claude Avenue.
Reviewed 30 June 2015

Ever since I traveled abroad in Europe during grad school, I have been looking for an authentic doner kebab. After eating at Kebab, I can now say that I have found the closest thing to what I lived on in Europe. The doner kebab here is huge, reasonably priced, and totally delicious! The side hummus and bread is also very good. I cant wait to go back!

Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

Just had a chicken kebab and it was fab and big, I washed it down with a coconut milk heaven. The guy with the tattoos taking my order was lovely and very funny. My kebab and coconut milk came to about $13 which I thinks was good for what you get and its really good. I highly recommend this place and I will be back mmmmmm

1  Thank Dolly3972
Reviewed 14 May 2015

This little tucked away kebab restaurant is a great place to grab a bite to eat and see some local art. The sandwiches are outstanding. The fries, OMG, you have to get the fries. They make all their own sauces and they are delicious. The fries were crispy and served with garlic aioli. Had the special of the day, lamb marinated and served on a bun made right in front of you with sauce and greens. The lemon-beet soda was amazing, but then I love beets. My companion had a gyro and it was amazing too. Don't miss this inexpensive wonderful little restaurant when in New Orleans. Don't be put off by the yellow grill in front, just walk right through and get some of the best eat-in or carry-out in New Orleans. Oh, and grab some of the marinated olives to snack on too.

Reviewed 28 April 2015

Great neighborhood place. Interesting food and specials, local artists display their work on the walls, staff is very helpful in explain the menu. This area is one of the redeveloping neighborhoods in New Orleans. You may want to park in a high traffic area if you are visiting after dark.

1  Thank Denver_Mullican
Reviewed 19 March 2015

KEBAB is a fairly new addition to funky St Claude Avenue. A friendly young staff prepares Greek/Mediterranean food in a casual, neighborhood spot that is gaining loyal customers. I love the bread, the olives, the flavorful juices and cocktails. KEBAB also has one of the coolest restrooms in New Orleans. There is nothing that I dislike about this unpretentious place. Maybe they could add more visual connections to give the place a more Mediterranean feel, but I am being nit picky. A great value for your money.