“Pre-Mardi Gras Stay”

AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon / French Quarter Area
Ranked #108 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ended up booking this hotel last minute due to reservations at another hotel being cancelled because of city waterline problems. Hotel staff made our stay by being happy to have us in their house. Closet space is minimal at this hotel but when we arrived with ball gowns they supplied us with a rolling closet for hanging clothes at no expense, delivering it when we were out of our room and hanging our gowns for us. Staff made our picture and came to get us when our Uber arrived so we were not waiting outside. Also were more than willing to give us late checkout. Extra towels and anything else we asked for. The staff made our last minute stay with them.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Checked in today, so far a little disappointed but maybe that’s my fault. Tended to assume “AC” meant “Autograph Collection” and the hotel would provide facilities I am used too, notably including breakfast. I guess “AC” is more akin to Starwood’s aloft product, lower tier, less amenities etc.

The rooms are pleasant if fairly dark, I do not think I’ve seen such a small window in any hotel room I’ve stayed in, bed seems comfortable and the bathroom looks promising. This “AC” thing just seems misleading though, stayed in the Q&C last week which while funky apparently is an “Autograph Collection” - be fair Marriott, if it’s not “Autograph Collection” call it something other than “AC” otherwise it’s just a con.

Probably will not comment on breakfast as the platinum “amenities” are dictated to you at checkin, not offered as a choice. Not thrilled.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Kenneth J, General Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon / French Quarter Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello lawlessc,

Thank you for staying with us at AC New Orleans. I am sorry about the confusion regarding the name of our hotel and hence the offerings that differ from our Marriott full service brands. I'm happy to offer you complimentary breakfast for your stay on your next visit with us and do anything we can to make your stay a fantastic one.

Please reach out to me if I can ever assist you in the future.

Best Regards,
Kenny Jacques

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to New Orleans for business and booked this hotel. Was surprised at the price and very pleased with the location. The staff was very helpful, yet rather incompetent. I asked for directions for something and the girl said I will get those and never came back. Also I asked for an email copy of my receipt and never received it. I asked if she had my email and I even reconfirmed it with her.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Great location 2 blocks fr canel st. Hotel is very contemporary

My 1st stay in Marriott AC. Moved here as First Marriott did not have water. Not their fault-most New Orleans was without.

I prefer a suite with a couch- not available. Wife felt room was boring.

Staff very warm and welcoming.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m currently staying at the AC Hotel and I am extremely disappointed. My husband and I are driving to where he will be stationed for the next 6 months and using it as a kind of getaway before he leaves. We’ve stayed at other hotels on this road trip and this one is by far the worst.

Let me start off by saying that the front desk gentlemen was very friendly and the only good part of our stay thus far.

That being said the valet was extremely rude and not very helpful and after driving for hours a warmer welcome would of been appreciated. To top it off they tell you the price is more then it actually is, I’m guessing to make it so they don’t actually have to valet your car. The rooms are on the smaller side but nicely updated. However road noise is a serious problem along with the door being so thin you can hear anyone coming down the hall and doors opening and closing. Also there is some sort of flashing white light that won’t stop flashing on the ceiling. I’m guessing it’s a smoke detector of some sort but I don’t believe the flashing light is necessary. The bathroom is really on the smaller side with a very odd shaped toilet. As I’m typing this I can hear people yelling from the street below and I’m on the 5th floor.

Overall I am extremely disappointed with this Marriott boutique hotel and will not be staying here again. Very upsetting because we love The Bohemian in Savannah Georgia.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BQuill
Kenneth J, General Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon / French Quarter Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello BQuill,

Thank you for sharing with us! Please contact me if you are still staying at the hotel, as I am unable to determine your reservation information based on the Trip Advisor username.

I have reached out to the Valet Parking company that we use and informed them of your feedback to address with the parking team. I am so sorry that you are not enjoying your experience, but would be happy to do whatever we can to ensure the remainder of your stay is a great one.

Best Regards,